This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out Holiday bonus today!

Yeah boy! A whopping $35.00 extra in our paychecks this week! Woooohooooo!
    Now I can buy that can of tuna I've had my eye on.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

LOL

If it makes you feel any better, on the day everyone else where I work got their bonuses, I found out that those of us who are only contracted through the end of the year (i.e., the new teachers) won't get OUR bonuses until JANUARY... IF we come back! :grrr:
    Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

The last bonus I got was a whopping 45 cents.... and the company has a policy that if its under a dollar, it gets donated to charity on my behalf....oh gee thanks

that was despite our store and every store in my country and singapore nearly doubling out revenue goals....but the australians didnt get to their goals.... and bonuses are based on company wide performance

Im thankful everyday I dont work at that craft store anymore!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

At the dealership everybody got a nice $50 bill. Handed out in a crisp white envelope at the christmas meal. Which when I first started there involved honeybaked hams and catering from the Mongomery Inn. Then by the 3rd year there we still got the $50 but the catering was done by the cousin of one of the office staff. Gone was the honeybaked hams and the mongomery inn ribs. Replaced with dried over cooked chicken wings, potato chips and dry rolls. With us having to provide our own drinks from the vending machines or the store.

Comment

Bonus!!! What's this you speak of?

We used to get a coupon good for $5.00 off any general merchandise. Now, we get our hours cut and no damn coupon.

My store gets cheaper every year.
          Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

On behalf of pretty much every food service industry employee everywhere, I ask you, what is this "bonus" you speak of? Cause we ain't gettin' em!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I got a holiday bonus once, and it was for that days pay. I can't remember that much right now.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

No idea how big mine is going to be, but it's going to be reasonable. The only problem is that it's going to be smaller than last year's.

Still going to be a decent number of digits, though.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, now, we get a bonus, but it's not until March.

If I were an employee who received a Christmas bonus, I wouldn't rush out and order a new pool to be installed for the family in case I ended up with a membership to the jelly of the month club.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Bonus? Bonus? We don't even get an employee discount!

Something's better than nothing, though. I could use an extra $35...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      If I were an employee who received a Christmas bonus, I wouldn't rush out and order a new pool to be installed for the family in case I ended up with a membership to the jelly of the month club.
                      You've seen Christmas Vacation too many times.

Then again, so have I for catching the reference.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        On behalf of pretty much every food service industry employee everywhere, I ask you, what is this "bonus" you speak of? Cause we ain't gettin' em!
                        I ditto this on behalf of low-level government employees.
                        Do I dare
                        Disturb the universe?
                        In a minute there is time
                        For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

T.S. Eliot

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                          This is not possible.
                          Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Bonus? What's that

One year I did get a profit sharing check (it was a nice chunk of change too-about $125).

Since then profit sharing has been done away with, and we get bupkis for Christmas unless we participate in Secret Santa.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post

Then again, so have I for catching the reference.
                              Uh, huh. I threw that out there to see who'd catch the reference. Its one movie I watch EVERY year, of course.
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X