This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remind me never to have children.

So the kitties are about 2.5 weeks now. They are learning to walk.

Several of them have figured out how to climb out of their box, but they can't figure out how to get back in. So they climb out, wander about for a bit, then start crying. And crying. And crying.

I shut them all up with Momma in the bathroom last night after several hours of getting out of bed every 20 minutes to go find a stray crying kitten and put him back in the box. I thought this would solve my problem. They can wander about in the bathroom if they wish, it's a small space and I shouldn't lose them. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Moxie got out of the box. She then proceeded to wander back behind the washer and dryer, couldn't figure out how to get out, and began to howl. I mean HOWL. So at five this morning, I was frantically trying to move the washer and dryer out of the way to get to said howling kitten before she woke my neighbors. Who knew something so small and cute could make so much noise?
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I miss having kittens, sometimes.....
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My best friend has a 4-month old son. She knows EXACTLY how you feel.
      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

and put him back in the box
        I just had a flash of the movie Oliver!....."PUT 'EM ALL BACK IN THE BOX!!"

I want kitties
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
          My best friend has a 4-month old son. She knows EXACTLY how you feel.

The bf and I were at a friend's bday party, and one of the guests had brought her somthing-month old daughter. The mom was trying to feed the kid some sorta mash, but the kid was having more fun pushing things off the table.

My bf commented, "Ha, that is just like my cat, Ada!" (Ada likes gravity, and dainty knocks everything to the ground."

The mother glared at bf and said, "No, trust me, its not." I thought it was funny
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I swear sometimes pets are like children. When Bear was a wee pup, he would always wake up me and SO at about 4 or 5am just to play with us.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

When my orphans got to that stage the best thing I found was a DEEP plastic storage bin (easy to wash too) they could scratch but they couldn't dig in to climb out
              Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

When my cats were babies they lived in the spare bathroom at my cousin's house. They started out in a cardboard box but when they learned to climb out they took to sleeping in a heap (there were 4 of them) in the bottom shelf of the shelving unit. We got them at 7 weeks old and they stayed in the spare bedroom for the first several days, then were allowed supervised explorations of the rest of the house, but at night they went back in the bedroom. Until they started running at bedtime and eventually my mom gave up and just closed off the end of the hall so they couldn't get in the bedrooms (Boy kept trying to open doors and would wake everyone up).
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'll see your (easy) litter of kittens and raise you a litter of Finnish Spitz puppies (and yes, I've done both).

BTW - this thread is WORTHLESS without pics.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Babies and pets are pretty much the same thing until a certain age. I have been contemplating setting up a series of experiments in which I teach the baby and the cat a simple task and see at what age the baby surpasses the cat.

The only problem with my plan is that you can't really teach a cat anything.

And yeah, kitten pics!
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      The only problem with my plan is that you can't really teach a cat anything.
                      Don't be so sure... both of mine know that "Down!" means to get off the damn counter, and that "going to feed the kitties," means that they get to eat
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                      X