This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps not sucky, but certainly a poor choice of words

So Yesterday, while woking off my Truck (or 6 wheeler or whatever your local slang for it is) in the aisle A customer says to me, "Hey we are buying 40 cases of beer, can we have your truck, or can you get us one ?"

I'm sorry our trucks are for employee use only. So I tell him that I am sorry *I* am using this one, and when I checked earlier there were no empty ones lying about. Perhaps if he found a grocery guy they might be able to know where one was that could help.

He then asks "Whats a Grocery guy"

I explain to him that I work in Dairy, and Perhaps Someone in Grocery could help him better.

The Strange thing is IF he had asked me to help him with his order, I WOULD have helped him with my truck. Or IF he had called an hour ahead, odds are his order would have been waiting for him. AND there were 2 of them, there is no reason they couldn't have put 10 cases in 4 carts and dealt with it that way. Its a shame his poor choice of words....
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

...I'm not really sure in what way his choice of words was particularly poor. You could just have said, "You can't have my truck, but I can certainly help you with the order - just have them call me when it's ready."

Sorry, but it's not like they said "GIMME TRUCK!"

Comment

At least he didn't just try to take it when your back was turned. It's more surprising that he actually asked. lol

Comment

Working...
      X