This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacky names, add your own

I do know that all stores at one point have some tacky or cheesy thing that drives its employees insane, my arena does with these clubs that they added on the north side of the building.
    One of the names is Club 53 which to me sounds like a dance club. I have been inside it and the entrance looks like a dance club, layout looks like a dance club, and everything about it screams "dance club". I've been tempted to change the sound system and have it play nothing but techno and dance on a nonstop loop. I can only imagine the looks on these VIPs faces when they are greeted with the lovely sounds of Supernova. I am also tempted to rig the light system to turn it into strobe lights, the benefits of having a dad who did sound and lighting.

*Disclaimer: I do not plan on doing any of these but if you have seen this new club in the arena, you would immediately get the joke. If I get the chance to go in there again I will take pictures. Besides I'm not good with lighting and sound.

Anyone have any tacky names that they found funny?
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

None around here, but when my wife and I were honeymooning in Alaska this past June I saw one.

We were walking down an Anchorage street and came upon a place called "The Glory Hole." Yes, that was its actual name. Apparently it's a homeless shelter, but I saw the sign for it about half a block away and said to my wife "Now that's a name you'd see on a gay bar."

She didn't get it and still doesn't.

Comment

There's two businesses near where I live called FLICK'S AWARDS and FLICKS TAX SERVICE, because it's all in capitals and type of font they use it looks like it says FUCK'S AWARDS. I bet people always do a double take when they first see the signs.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I was driving throught worchester one time, and saw the 'Ho Toy' chinese restaurant.
        Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
          We were walking down an Anchorage street and came upon a place called "The Glory Hole." Yes, that was its actual name. Apparently it's a homeless shelter, but I saw the sign for it about half a block away and said to my wife "Now that's a name you'd see on a gay bar."

She didn't get it and still doesn't.
          Aww...you should explain it to her!
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

I saw this on the side of a truck that belonged to a local meat company:

"******'s Meat: You can't beat it!"

Not sure if that one was intentional or not.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
              In my town we have an Oriental restaurant called OPM. If that's nto bad enough, their mascot is a huge sumo guy named "Big Wang".
              I don't know if the resturant has a mascot or anything, but there's an OPM Oriental restaurant here, as well. I don't know how addictive the food is, though...

Anyway, at my old home in another town, there was another landscaping company by the name of "Beaver" and an oilfield company by the name of "Kuntz". Apparently it's pronounced differently.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

There are quite a few businesses around here with the initials B D S and M in various combinations. Much fun to be had trying to figure out exactly how they conduct business (S&M Cleaners, B&D Auto Repair, etc).

Not really a tacky business name, but amusing as hell. Once in Park Street Station I saw a big guy in a pink T-shirt. The front was an ad for a tent company (events and the like). The back said "For a great erection, call..." Cue coffee up the nose. My equally wrong-minded friend almost fell off the platform laughing.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                  In my town we have an Oriental restaurant called OPM. If that's nto bad enough, their mascot is a huge sumo guy named "Big Wang".
                  I don't get this one (I do understand the mascot name, I'm just hazy on the restaurant name).
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

OPM - sounds like opium?
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Once on holiday, I saw a windsurfer hire place called "Breaking Wind." I'm sure a lot of holiday makers also stood there cracking up with laughter like I did.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

We have a local Chinese place called Fu King. I've yet to meet even a local who can say it without giggling.
                        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                          OPM - sounds like opium?
                          No need to have the question mark-that's why it's funny. Doubly funny when you consider that OPM is an Oriental restaurant...
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

There was a guy in town with the unfortunate last name of "Boob", and he ran a garage, on the side of the building was a big sign, "Boob Towing"
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Aah....yes. It's been years since I've thought about the "Broken Butt Saloon" near Farmington, NM.

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                              Anyway, at my old home in another town, there was another landscaping company by the name of "Beaver" and an oilfield company by the name of "Kuntz".
                              Well, we've got "Beaver Toyota in Santa Fe", and what doesn't help is the blonde chick with the accent and the huge rack! I can't even say it without using that accent.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                              There was a guy in town with the unfortunate last name of "Boob", and he ran a garage, on the side of the building was a big sign, "Boob Towing"
                              I've got this vision of a huge field full of boobs!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X