This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sighting you can expect to see.

This isn't truly a sighting, because it hasn't happened yet. Well, it has, but I've just not seen it.

It centers around the: Wii.

You see, the Wii has a small problem. Nothing major really, just that the straps on the controllers keep breaking and causing people to throw them into things.

These things tend to be anything in the ballistic path of the unit, though interestingly the controller itself is proving rather resilliant. There are even a few accounts of it going through windows, and still remaining playable. Further, it's been known to destroy TV's, Plasma Screens, Small Children, Laptops, and even one PDA.

Don't ask me how the PDA got in there, I really don't know.

I wonder how long it'll be before you start seeing people with that problem. How would you handle it anyway? Oh sir, yes, I'm sorry it broke,but you know you really don't have to throw it that hard. (thwack) And sir, you didn't have to demonstrate by throwing it at my head...
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/
    As witnessed at this site.

Comment

i have a wii and i learned within 5 minutes that any actions is better when you use a flick of the wrist. example. wii sports baseball. you can injure your shoulder and get a 93 mph fastball or you can flick your wrist and get a 95 mp5 fastball.

also i betcha money some poeple dont use the damned wriststraps. i have 4 wii controllers and none have had any prob like that
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Wrist straps?

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
          Wrist straps?
          The Wii uses a motion-sensitive system to play the games, and the Wiimote (as the conroller has been dubbed) comes with a wrist-strap to make sure that, should you lose your grip on the device, it won't go flying.

My personal theory is that the idiots with the straps breaking are letting go of the remotes when they're doing things, thus putting unintended stress on the cord.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
          X