This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Denny's Service

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but it's the only praise section I saw.

My husband and I recently moved to the East Coast (ah, back home for me) from Utah, and drove the whole way with our Jeep full of sensitive items. Everything else went in a trailer driven by a moving company. The second full day on the road, we stopped in Omaha at Denny's for breakfast. The reason we picked this location was because my sister and I had made the cross-country trek before and had stopped there for dinner late one night (12:30 am or so, if I recall), and while things were slow due to the day cook leaving and the night cook not coming in to work, our food was terrific--turns out one of the servers had been a cook previously and cooked up the food, and it was honestly the best Denny's meal I'd ever had.

Anyway, we stop at this Denny's to eat. The hostess seated us and asked us for our drink preferences, and that was the last we saw of her. The waitress we got instead, who started by delivering our drinks, was one of the best waitresses I've ever had in any sort of restaurant. Not only was she attentive and helpful with our orders (especially when I wanted to change one of the sides on my meal to something different), she regularly checked back with us to refill our drinks, ask if we needed anything else, and ensure everything was too our liking. She was very pleasant. With the refills, our glasses could only have gone completely empty if we'd chugged it all in one breath, she was that attentive. We made sure to leave her a generous tip on our relatively small bill.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

I've always gotten good service at Denny's the waitstaff is cooperative, and pleasant, i always leave a sizable tip.

Comment

This is why I love going to Denny's. 9 times out of 10 I always have the coolest waitperson for my table . Even if my bill is only $10 I always leave them at least $5 tip. One time I even tipped the cook $5 cuz he actually cooked my bacon the way I like. (burned almost unrecognizable )

Comment

Dennys is a good place to go. 1 outta 20 times, we will get this one person, that does an ok job. I always leave a tip if I am able too
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

There must be a huge difference between the American and Canadian divisions of Denny's, because more often than not, I get a server who visits the table 3 times. Take order for drinks, take order for food, leave bill. And half the time the food is nasty, either undercooked, or really greasy. Which is sad, because years ago they used to be good. Too many bad experiences mean I haven't been back in over a year.

Yes, some of the servers are good. Sometimes the food was good. But rarely did these occurances appear concurrently.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
          X