This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what an asshole

Guest: yea Dave (I think he used my name), I am at this house and I cant find the beach chairs

Me: did you order them?

Guest: what do you mean order them? No I didnt order them, I assumed they came with the rental

Me: ok I can place the order for you if you like

Guest: you mean I have to pay extra?

Me: yes sir

Guest: ummmm, I am very unhappy about that....lemme let you speak with my wife

Wife: (screaming into the phone) HELLO

Me: yes ma'am

Wife: whats this I hear we are expected to pay for beach chairs?

Me: yes ma'am

Wife: No, I am not paying for no fucking beach chairs.....when we stayed in other places, they were always included with the house...if they had told us this, we wouldnt have booked here

Me: did you inquire about beach chairs?

Wife: Inquire? How fucking dare you........its not my goddamn job.....it's your job. I want beach chairs and bikes here immediately and I am not paying a fucking dime for them, do I make myself clear?

Me: first off, stop cussing at me....second, no free bikes, no free beach chairs

Wife: I WANT THE GODDAMN BIKES AND BEACH CHAIRS HERE NOW.....I am coming up to the office and I am going to scream at the top of my lungs at every fucking person in this lobby because you have fucked up my vacation.

Me: the check in office is closed

Wife: well where are you

Me: I am in the reservation office

Wife: where is the reservation office? I'll come there

Me: no you wont

Wife: this is so unfair...this is my goddamn vacation...my vacation, do you hear me?

Me: ok well ma'am, I am ending this call because I have asked you not to swear at me

CLICK

This was last night....I come in this morning

Manager: Dave, I talked to Mrs. Jones

Me: yea she was a pure bitch

Manager: watch your mouth, Dave....I spoke to her this morning and she was very sweet......she said you werent the least bit sympathetic to her concerns. I talked to her and she agreed to pay for the bikes and beach chairs but I gave her a 10% discount. I just find it so hard to believe she was cursing and screaming at you like you said in your email.

I am so livid right now, I may start cursing and screaming.

"...I am at this house and I can't find the bitch chairs.."

Fixed it for you.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Document, Document, Document

Sounds like it's time to start recording your calls.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3618981

Comment

I forget: does your manager have no spine, or does he have no soul? Sometimes they can look surprisingly similar.

She was a pure bitch. It's like they want you to assume they're idiots who need every single thing explained to them, but as soon as you treat them like one suddenly you've gone toooo far. Tch.

If she calls again, just explain everything to her. Every single thing about the property she might ever need or want to know, past and present. I mean, that's your job, apparently.
        Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          Manager: watch your mouth, Dave....I spoke to her this morning and she was very sweet......she said you werent the least bit sympathetic to her concerns. I talked to her and she agreed to pay for the bikes and beach chairs but I gave her a 10% discount. I just find it so hard to believe she was cursing and screaming at you like you said in your email.
          I have said it SO many times, but I will say it again.

You have GOT to start forwarding all these demanding types immediately to your manager. Explain to your manager that you want the guest to be happy and know the manager wants the guest to be happy as well, so, since you are unable to comply with the guest's demand as you are not authorized to give away free things or discounts or let them check out/in outside the allowed times, etc. and know the manager can do whatever it is the guest wants, you do not want the guest to be angered by your telling the guest "no" initially.

You come across as being "customer friendly" and the manager gets to deal with the crap. The manager might even start refusing the calls and back you up when you enforce the company rules.

You need to do this for your sanity if nothing else.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Dude seriously look for another job. Your manager has no spine and believed a bitch over you. It's not worth it. Unless they pay you a buttload of money. Get out now. I'd have either became an alcoholic or quit. You don't need the stress or the idiots yelling at you.

Comment

You are getting a bad rap and your manager is a prick for not believing you. Yes, I know some of the stuff we all go through sounds too wild to be true, but a few recorded calls and your manager will see the light!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

No Spine?

I'm quite sure he's cloned from the same amorphous blob.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  "...I am at this house and I can't find the bitch chairs.."

Fixed it for you.

VRS, your manager is a real winner. She took the SC's side even after you sent her an email about her cursing you out and being rude?!! Your manager is a real spineless candy ass corporate fuck (Thank you Six Feet Under).
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

With that much support from your managers, how do you survive? Surely they must have call recording or something, I mean, of course the woman is going to be so nice for your manager - she wants to get what she's after and doesn't care about anyone else.

If I had your customers and manager combo, I'd find myself a nice cubby in the highest tree, take a blanket and just cry I couldn't deal with it constantly.

I truly hope you get someone nice one day

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                      I have said it SO many times, but I will say it again.

You have GOT to start forwarding all these demanding types immediately to your manager.
                      Quoted for truth.

Dave, I know in the other thread you mentioned you can't transfer people to your manager because they don't work overnights, but you obviously do work day shifts as well because you've posted about people trying to check in early or late and you mention in this post that you came into work the next morning.

So even if you can't do this at night, start doing it when managers are there.
                      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Does Dave ever read the replies to his posts?

I often see him say "I'll let you know what happens", but I have never seen a follow-up message from Dave ever.

I'm not being bitchy, I'm genuinely interested, and I really do wish Dave would interact with us more.

Dave, you need to improve your Customers Suck skills.
                        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

This is a classic SC that's such a raging bitch to the front line guy, then super sweet to the manager, hence the manager bases his opinion of the customer on that conversation and not the original phone call and thus is convinced his employee is the bad guy.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                            Me: did you inquire about beach chairs?

Wife: Inquire? How fucking dare you........its not my goddamn job.....it's your job. I want beach chairs and bikes here immediately and I am not paying a fucking dime for them, do I make myself clear?

UGH. My boss at the game store did that to me once...a cuss-tomer demanded to know about a book he "might have" bought (wait...you honestly can't keep track of what books you buy?) that wasn't in his purchase history--it was likely a used book, which all scan under one code. When I mentioned this (title not showing up, could he possibly have bought it used?), he lost it.

Next day, boss bitches at ME...customer lied to him and said I was the one who "freaked out".
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                              Does Dave ever read the replies to his posts?
                              He does. Not very often, but he does. He did it recently, on another post.

I'd love to get some more interaction with him too, but I think he just needs to vent, which is the main purpose of these boards, if I'm not mistaken.

People asked him how he survives his job, let alone keeps his sanity. I think the answer is pretty staightforward: he posts here.
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                              X