Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you expect me to eat it with no CHEEEEESE????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you expect me to eat it with no CHEEEEESE????

This is one of many reasons my husband is the hottest man on earth.

Subway. Late in the afternoon. Dude in line ahead of my husband. Apparently, the Subway was out of cheese. Well the guy went off. Starving people all over the world and this sad f$%k can't eat a sandwitch with no cheese, right? "What do you mean you are out of cheese?!?!?!?"

Subway employee says "We got wiped out at lunch. We are out."

Dude continues to pitch a fit, and whines loudly "I GOTTA have CHEESE? How can you expect me to eat a sandwitch with no CHEEEEESE!?!??!

Husband just turns to him and says, very firmly (he's got a very commanding voice when he gets serious.) "Man, its a sandwitch. There's no cheese. Not a big deal. Get over it."

Guy starts to sputter and gets cut off again by hubby "No. He can't pull cheese out of his ass. There isn't any. Shut up and quit whining like a spoiled baby. Take your sandwitch, pay him, and go. And for God's sake shut up."

Dude got all puffy and pissed, but he did what he was told and shut his gob. He leaves. Hubby gets up to the register and pulls out his wallet. Subway guy says "Sir, I don't think you'll be paying for your lunch today."

People don't like it when confronted when someone who ISN'T helpless.

Major accolades to your husband!
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

What an indescribable ASS that customer was!!!!!!!!!!!! Would it have killed him to stop at a grocery store on the way home and get some Kraft® cheese slices, or go to the deli?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for your husband!!!!!!!!!! :sending warm fuzzies:

As for myself, when I go to Subway, I NEVER get cheese on my sub. I just don't like it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Who's business was it?

I mean i know that it pisses me off too when people start whining about stupid little things that just can't change no matter what. But, why was it your husband's business at all. It doesn't sound like the guy was getting abusive so was it your husbands business at all??? If the guy was getting abusive, and I misunderstood, then kudos to your hubby. If the guy was just complaining then your husband shouldn't have butted in. Whenever I am in line and someone in front of me is complaining I gotta let them complain. If they start getting abusive(swearing, degrading, or otherwise bad language), I will but in and get the guy out of there. But if I think survice is sub-par I'm gonna say so. And someone standing behind me should keep to themselves and let me voice my opinion. Once again if the guy did get abusive then all power to your hubby.

Comment

Your husband=teh awesome.
          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

can I marry your husband?

what a hero!
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

No, the customer was sucking pretty vigorously. He was being loud and obnoxious, and whining on and on and on as if the clerk was withholding cheese out of meanness. Whether or not he was swearing, I honestly don't remember. But he was certainly taking out his petty little neurosis on the poor clerk.

And just so we are clear: it's not like my husband is a scary bruiser sort. He's not. He looks like a wild-haired professor. He is tall and strong, and can and has taken care of business in a fight, but he doesn't look like the type that might be able to hand you your ass. So it's not like the guy would have been afraid of him. No, I think getting called out by a stranger yanked the guy back into reality.

As for it being none of his business...well, I do see your point. But after the both of put in so many years in the service industry, we take the stance that if if some nimrod is stupid and clueless enough to act like that in public, then they need to be able to take it when the public comments or confronts them. If it's not our business...fine, don't make it pur business by putting there under our noses.

If more people stood up for those that can't, there would be far fewer bullies in the world.

Comment

Indeed, your husband is the kewlness. XD. I have to say though, if someone like that starts crying on and on, or yelling or whatever, I'm going to step up. Mostly for the fact I hate it when people do it to me, (Though since I'm alone, I can fight back to a degree), some places have to have their workers grin and bare it, which is crap.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Boulder_Bear
                  I mean i know that it pisses me off too when people start whining about stupid little things that just can't change no matter what. (Edited by Barefootgirl - no need to quote entire post in replies)
                  Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served.

I can understand if it was poor service but there was no cheese, period. No matter how much he asked and begged or whatever there would still be no cheese.

If he wasn't being abusive should her husband had waited for as long as the SC complained about the fact that there was no cheese? (I've had similiar things happen (being out of something someone wanted) and they have complained to me about how I must have it somewhere for over half an hour.)
                  Last edited by Barefootgirl; 07-17-2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Quoth Titi
                    Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served. (Edited by Barefootgirl - no need to quote entire post in replies)
                    That's how I feel too, if someone's whining is carrying on too long, its stopping me from getting service, lowering the quality of my experience. Does their right to complain really extend to inconviencing the rest of us waiting for service? Especially for something like "there's no cheese"?
                    Last edited by Barefootgirl; 07-17-2006, 01:08 PM.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Titi
                      Even if they were just going on and on about something the employee had nothing to do with, and could do nothing about (without being abusive) I would say something because it is holding me up from getting served.
                      That's really the point. Why should I suffer and have my time wasted by some individual who obviously has no life?

I probably could not be physically imposing enough, but I would definitely tell the SC that I didn't have time to wait while he spread his unhappiness to all around him and I really needed to get my lunch and leave.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I can see both sides. It really wasn't the husband's business. But he chose to make it so by butting in. And I commend that choice.

Frankly, it's no business of mine if I see someone steal a bag in a park. But that doesn't mean I should necessarily stay out of it. If I see it happening, I'll be shouting "Hey!" to alert the owner.

Comment

Quoth Titi
                          I agree. If I'm waiting in a queue and someone's whinging is holding me up, then as far as I'm concerned I have every right to tell the person off, especially as the person they're bitching at can't do so themselves.

I've been on the receiving end of such whininess at the pizza place; on a few occasions we ran out of stuff cuz it was a busy night. I had one woman bitch about there not being any garlic bread for 10 minutes; would have been longer cept the guy behind her intervened in much the same way as the poster's husband did. I was grateful to the guy and did not consider him to be interfering at all.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Perhaps it wasn't her husband's business.

But like others have said, the idiot's whining and bitching was holding up the line. Not to sound SCish, but who wants to wait while someone keeps whining and throwing a temper tantrum over something that CANNOT be helped?

And how much do you want to bet that the poor sandwhich artist wanted so desperately just to tell the guy to "Shut the hell up and leave!".......her husband did it for him. Problem solved, no more time wasted, and now the guy can provide better customer service now that he's no longer waiting on a complete moron.

You have yourself a good man!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
                              Dude got all puffy and pissed, but he did what he was told and shut his gob. He leaves. Hubby gets up to the register and pulls out his wallet. Subway guy says "Sir, I don't think you'll be paying for your lunch today."
                              I like that Subway guy! It's always nice to see somebody get rewarded for a good deed.

Something like this happened at work yesterday. It was fairly early in the morning, and a guy wanted to know if we had in and chrome grill inserts for his truck. We didn't, and we didn't have a picture of it to show him. So, he goes off on a tangent about not having any pictures will drive our business into destitution and bankrupcy (We've been around since 1922. I think we'll be OK for a little while.) and that he can't believe that we would DARE offer something for sale without showing a picture.

Then a guy pipes up at the other end of the counter. "Hey, they don't have a picture, and you can gripe all you want, but that's not going to change." Truck guy stomps off to do other things.

I go down and thank/help out the other guy. Apparently, he also works in retail, and was no big fan of those kind of characters. I made sure he got the best service he could from me.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                              X