This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctor's appointment tomorrow

Just stopping by to say that positive thoughts would be much appreciated.......basically I'm just getting prescriptions renewed, but I'm also going to have to convince the doctor to give me something else for asthma. Reason being that while the said medication works well, it also costs around $200 a month, I have to pay all costs myself as I do not have health insurance, and I just can't afford to do so anymore.

Any news?

Rapscallion

Comment

I dated a guy for a while who had really bad asthma. It was so bad that if he forgot to take his inhaler that day and went to work at his desk job, he wouldn't be able to breathe just sitting at his desk. He didn't have health insurance either and his inhaler cost him about $200 a month as well. It was BS and as far as I know, drug companies don't give a rat's ass about asthma sufferers because there aren't any generics for the inhalers that work well.

Some months he had to get albuterol instead of his regular inhaler because he just couldn't afford it. I'd recommend writing some drug companies asking for a generic cuz you're broke and they aren't helping any.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I sympothize with you. Before I got on the insurance where I work, I spent over a decade without, and was spending (near the end of that time) between $75 and $80 (the prices tended to vary at Cosco) per bottle of Insulin and had to buy 1 type, once a month, and the other every 2 weeks.

That didn't include testing strips, or any of the other meds I take.

And people wonder why I fully support governmental healthcare.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Sounds like the same boat my asthmatic friend is in. She has to get her stuff in TJ now because she can't afford the medication here A lot of people don't have that option though. Best of luck to you!
          !
          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

This works for some asthma sufferers: Keep a small soda straw with you. If you start to have an attack, breathe in as much as you can, then blow out through the straw, as hard as possible, trying to move the air as quickly as possible. If your cheeks bulge out almost painfully, you're doing it right.

If this works for you, doing it once a week may hold off your asthma forever.

Comment

Working...
            X