This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news at the office

While I despise my CEO, the Founder of the org I work for is a wonderful person. She's very soft-hearted, funny, and an artist. For about 10 years, her constant companion has been a little white poodle-type dog (he's a mutt, but there's a lot of poodle in him) named Frosty. Founder actually rescued Frosty when he was a stray, and he's very sweet. She never went anywhere without him.

Well, they had to put him down on Sunday. This is going to be a tough time for Founder...
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Bummer...Tell her from another puppy mommy that she has much hugs and love coming her way.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Me and the four-legged babies are sending good thoughts and prayers and lots of virtual hugs and licks to her.

Seems like this has been a hard year for doggies: I lost one this past summer, my soon-to-be BIL and his parents found their dog dead on Christmas morning and had to bury him.

I believe all our pets who go before us are waiting for us on the other side of a place called Rainbow Ridge . . . and in the meantime they're all having a good time playing with each other and chasing the clouds.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        I believe all our pets who go before us are waiting for us on the other side of a place called Rainbow Ridge . . . and in the meantime they're all having a good time playing with each other and chasing the clouds.
        I'm actually admitting that.....I teared up a bit when I first heard the rainbow bridge poem. Sorry to hear about Founder's doggie.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          I lost one this past summer, my soon-to-be BIL and his parents found their dog dead on Christmas morning and had to bury him.

What a horrid Christmas morning. *sends virtual hugs*. And summer for that matter! *sends more hugs*
          *sends more hugs to Founder, also*

I love the Rainbow Bridge poem. It's very soothing to me. I've got several pets waiting for me.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm so sorry. Me and Gracie are giving her our prayers. I know how much it sucks to lose a fury baby, I lost my Sandy a little over 2 1/2 years ago.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Sympathy from me too, I lost my poor big furry Charlemagne last year. I loved him to death.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

It's always so sad to lose a furry friend. But sometimes the last good thing we can do for them is putting them down and not let them suffer on and on. I found that thought comforting when it was time for my cat 8 years ago.
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

We always do the prognosis/suffering evaluation for our pets, and are willing to have the vet prepare the gentle needle.

It's the wise thing to do, I think, but it's also very hard. Founder has my sympathy. So do you, Chardonnay.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X