This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa did it...

Many times a day, I get calls from people querying the usage on their account and denying that they could not possibly have used so many megabytes on a particular day and therefore they should not have to pay additional usage charges.

There is no way anyone can see what causes the internet usage, due to privacy laws, so when someone is asking about their usage, we can only see how much has been used, not what it was used for. Only they know what they do online.

This guy, when I went through how many megabytes were used on each day, he admitted he had been downloading heaps of things from limewire over 24 & 25 December, but claimed that there was no way what he downloaded could have used that many megabytes, and stated that Santa Clause was responsible for the additional usage and not him, and therefore he should not have to pay the additional usage charges.

I explained we are not able to waive those, as he has already admitted to using the internet on those days and the data of how much was used is coming from his modem and if he logged into his account, he would be able to see how much was used for himself, but he again insisted it was not him, it was Santa Clause who had caused the additional usage, so I simply informed him that he would need to take it up with Santa because the charges would not be waived.

o.O Sounds like some people didn't secure their wireless internet (if they have it) as well.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It makes sense. How else could Santa know who's been naughty or nice without tapping into their phones and computers?
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        It makes sense. How else could Santa know who's been naughty or nice without tapping into their phones and computers?
        Either that or he was using the internet to see which girls have been naughty.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Reminds me of a Christmas card I sent my brother years ago - we had a contest going every year to find each other the best card (relevant, funny, and a bit strange like us, LOL). I finally won, and he wouldn't play any more after this one - said he could never top it.

I sent it 25 years ago (relevant, but omg has it been that long?). The outside had a pic of a stern looking Santa, saying "He knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake". Inside, it simply said "Merry Christmas - 1984".

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

He tried blaming in on "Santa"?!? What a farkin' DUMBASS!!

Stupid, delusional, Son-of-a-Bitch!!

"Santa" indeed!

Everyone knows that Santa is much to busy that time of year to be doing any websurfing! Let alone using someone elses modem!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth scorpionf View Post
              This guy, when I went through how many megabytes were used on each day, he admitted he had been downloading heaps of things from limewire over 24 & 25 December, but claimed that there was no way what he downloaded could have used that many megabytes, and stated that Santa Clause was responsible for the additional usage and not him, and therefore he should not have to pay the additional usage charges.
              Who pays by the byte anymore ... I thought most if not all companies had gone to unlimited access..unless it is on your wireless phone? Then that makes sense.
              Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
                Who pays by the byte anymore ... I thought most if not all companies had gone to unlimited access..unless it is on your wireless phone? Then that makes sense.
                We do have unlimited usage so to speak on the family plan, but if we go over a certain amount a month, the speed drops down.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Santa's Black Op Elves strike again! (Sluggy Freelance if you don't get the reference)
                  Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Someone's going to be on the naughty list for years to come for this one.
                    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                    X