This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a miracle!

A woman pulled into our forecourt and stopped next one of the pumps. Her two kids, who weren't any older then 10, got out and one went to fill the car (illegal in the UK) and the other ran inside to pay (which is also illegal). I went outside to fill to tell the woman that she would have to do it herself as the boy at the car wouldn't have paid any attention if I used the tannoy.

Whilst I was going outside I heard my colleague tell the girl that ran in that she couldn't take the payment as you have to be over 16 and the girl said that her mother couldn't do it as she had a broken leg (even though she was driving). When I got to the car the boy was still there, along with the mother who had a miraculous healing of her leg and wasn't in plaster. Amazing!

She was complaining that the pump wasn't working. With the nozzles on our pumps you can't squeeze them too hard otherwise they won't dispense any fuel, and I ended up doing it for them.

What ever happened to teaching logic in schools?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Broken leg my ass...Mother of the year was probably being too lazy to pay and pump gas herself.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I use to pump the gas on my parents car when I was 10. Weird law. hehe
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
          I use to pump the gas on my parents car when I was 10. Weird law. hehe
          It's probably there to protect the gas station if some kid manages to blow up a gas pump

Comment

Quoth Hawaiian Eskimo View Post
            It's probably there to protect the gas station if some kid manages to blow up a gas pump
            Also because they are small enough so that any splashback from the fuel can go into their eyes.

Still sending your young girl into pay and risking her being knocked down AND telling her to say that you have a broken leg when you haven't... you just don't.

Comment

Working...
            X