This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My god not again...

I work for Walgreens and we all know what kind of muzak plays there.....
    And the other night we had several customers in the store when the very famous Barbara Streisand starts singing "Jingle Bells" over the stores intercom system. After hearing her about a dozen times in less than 2 hours you tend tend to want to pull your hair out... When this lady (whom I am kinda glad I don't know her!!!) walks up and says to me " You really do play the best divas in here!" not only was she serious she even wanted to know if she could buy the cd which it plays from, I was so trying to keep a straight face as I then informed her that it was on a music system that we have. She wanted to speak to the manager about ordering it for herself... Makes you wonder what she was thinking really... Kinda scary thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :shivers with total and absolute fear:

We managed to find a way to turn the speaker off back in the pharmacy with us, so we don't hear it

Look on the bright side, though. They're not playing that depressing Olivia Newton-John song for breast cancer awareness month anymore....

Comment

at my sports and outdoors store we have been playing christmas music since black friday. i heard everything song sung my at least 5 differnet artists. its amazing how many times one song can be recorded by a different person. one that stuck me is that "santa baby" song sung by a guy.

Comment

We've also had Christmas music on since the day after Black Friday, and I'm fair sick of it. It's commercial-free, meaning no breaks and therefore you get everything ranging from mediocre to mental-scarring horrible. Julie Andrews' rendition of Sleigh Ride is particularly loathsome. There *are* a few decent songs in there, but so few and far between, and it never plays any of the good ones... you know, things like "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" and "Walking 'Round in Women's Underwear".

Comment

Quoth danegrous_21 View Post
          at my sports and outdoors store we have been playing christmas music since black friday. i heard everything song sung my at least 5 differnet artists. its amazing how many times one song can be recorded by a different person. one that stuck me is that "santa baby" song sung by a guy.
          My store played the male "Santa Baby" song last year. It's creepy. It sounds cute when a girl sings it, but a guy? Ew.

Comment

Vaguely Yesterday, a few of us at work decided to see how often some songs repeat. Within six hours, they played "Sleigh Ride" six times. I left the list at work, though.

Every time I hear "Santa Baby" I want to punch walls. Give me twenty different versions of "Little Drummer Boy" and some Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and I'll be a happy Becky.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm just glad I can't hear the store music from my counter

Unfortunately, I also can't hear the PA system.

Comment

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
                It sounds cute when a girl sings it,
                Sorry, but I've heard two versions of it today. The original version, which sounds like Marilyn Monroe singing it, and a pop culture version. (Duff or Spears or similar) I found it to be no comparison. The pop culture one sounds horrible when put up against the original.

I'm not sure I wanna hear the male one.

I think the store has a betting pool to see when the music makes me snap and I come in with a rifle and shoot the speakers.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm just hoping and praying they won't start playing christmas music at work. well, we have XM satellite radio (with hundreds of channels) but it never fails, 4 out of 7 days of the week, it's country. I don't know which is worse.

So far, no christmas music, yay!

However...

there's already a remake of Hinder's "Lips of an angel"....country style.
                  I wanna find that cowboy and run him over with his own tractor.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've grown to hate the music on guitar hero.
                    It's not even the actual band singing, they pull some guy off the street for the vocals and credit the band for the song.

On the bright side, we have all sorts of jokes pertaining to the commercial reel we have playing on the tv next to the counter.

Comment

Gah, they have Guitar Hero set up at my husband's store. There's a batch of kids that get dropped off there daily by their mom until close, and the sit there and play it for hours on end. I went in there with him a week or two ago to buy him his christmas prezzie, and they apparently had discovered the electric guitars they also sell, and were attempting to play it.

Oh god, it was bad. Look buddy, there's no red or green button on the real guitar. Give it up please.
                      Someone less diplomatic than I ran into the aisle and screamed "You suck!" at them

Comment

Ew. I hate it when parents drop their kids off at our store. It's like...we don't run a babysitting service! If you're going to leave your kid here, at least buy SOMETHING.

Haha, of course. On a real guitar you also have to understand that you need to press rather hard to make the strings actually make a clear sound, or else it'll buzz, and that will suck.

XD that dude, whoever he was, rocked.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          there's already a remake of Hinder's "Lips of an angel"....country style.
                          I wanna find that cowboy and run him over with his own tractor.
                          god that song sucks hard enough as it is. make it country and the suck factor enters orbit.
                          Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

The one Christmas song I absolutely hate now is "The Holly and the Ivy". We had a version sung by a young boy where he just punches the word "ivy".

The Hol-ly and the IV-y...
                            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                              Sorry, but I've heard two versions of it today. The original version, which sounds like Marilyn Monroe singing it, and a pop culture version. (Duff or Spears or similar) I found it to be no comparison. The pop culture one sounds horrible when put up against the original.

I'm not sure I wanna hear the male one.

I think the store has a betting pool to see when the music makes me snap and I come in with a rifle and shoot the speakers.

I think it's the lead singer guy from Everclear, but I'm not completely sure. ::shudder::
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                              X