what's funny is that... let's see just how many apply to the various commands i've worked at...
6 out of 10.
yes to all of these:
1. omg yes. "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor"
2. yes. sometimes the equipment's fault, sometimes user's fault. Also, web browsing underway? Slower than dialup!
3. Yes. You learn to deal with the gossip. Sometimes it's even funny, like when my psychotic chief counseled me about my pregnancy... (I was pregnant?)
4. military. we have our own language practically
7. Yeah. People have tried to flush paper towels, tampons/pads, shorts. On the ships that backs up the system. don't ask about the showers, sometimes it was kinda icky.
10. Yes, kinda. Too cold or too hot. Some of the gals on my first ship would turn on the heater in berthing if they got chilly... except that blasted HOT AIR into every single rack too. In one of my workshops it was usually 60 and we weren't allowed to turn off the recirculator. that sucked too.
the others either didn't apply or were things that were required for safe survival (like health & safety)
QnV0IGEgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIG9mIEdvdmVybm1lbnQgb25jZS BjaGFuZ2VkIGZyb20gRnJlZWRvbSwgY2FuIG5ldmVyIGJlIHJl c3RvcmVkLiBMaWJlcnR5LCBvbmNlIGxvc3QsIGlzIGxvc3QgZm 9yZXZlci4NCkpvaG4gQWRhbXMsIEp1bHkgMTcsIDE3NzU=