This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to cry...

All this week I've been feeling so incredibly burned out and unhappy that I've actually been considering quitting the job I've worked at going on five years. I need time off in the worst way, but can't take a real vacation until April at the earliest, because my boss is leaving for three months in India, in early January and I'm running the show while she's gone. It's just been a very depressing, very stressful, very upsetting week just due to the fact that I'm at my wit's end and I just want to sit down and have a good cry.

I may just do that, but for a different reason. About ten minutes ago a guest in one of the upstairs rooms stopped by with a big jar of candy. He set it down on the counter, and I didn't think anything of it, and asked him how I could help him.

He just smiled and handed the jar to me. Then he shook my hand, wished me a merry Christmas, smiled and went upstairs.

The jar is tied with a ribbon, with a card attached, which reads:

To Boss, HauntedHeadNC, & Friends

Thanks for your courtesy and kindness.

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

From (Guest), (Regular Guest) & (Regular Guest's Wife)

The jar, which is made of plastic but is still quite pretty, is filled with Italian chocolates wrapped in foil.

I'm really on the verge of tears here. Something this nice coming along just when the wick is about burned through on your candle...
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Ooohhh, italian chocolate is so yummy. How sweet of that customer.

Comment

Isn't it amazing sometimes? When you think you are about to fold up and crawl into a hole, someone comes along to show you a ray of sunshine?

Serendipity? Chance? Coincedence?

I prefer to believe that someone up there loves me.

Comment

Working...
      X