This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to chew the WALLS.

Relocated to Corpus Christi and trying to get a job. Have been here for four months now and have run my back-up cash completely dry.

How the heck do I get these people to hire me??

I'd put in an app at the Best Western and the guy said he's call me to tell me when to come in for training (Housekeeping, but I'm bored outta my skull), but that was last week and I'm steadily starting to chew on the walls.

Bad pony, yeah, yeah, I know.

Somebody lie to me and say it's them and not me.

ETA:
    So....how's y'all and who kept the bacon-cookies warm?
    Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM. Reason: ETA
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

It's them, not you.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Have you tried following up? (Im sure you have, just thought id ask.)

I hope you find something soon.

Oh, and bacon cookies??...... Lol.

Comment

Yeah, I've done follow-up at Sam's Club and the hiring digbat there said in more words than what I'm using to "stop calling, we'll call you".

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        Oh, and bacon cookies??...... Lol.
        If ya don't know then it's not impertinent for ya to know. SOMEONE other than me's gotta remember them, I haven't been gone THAT long.

Comment

It's definitely them, I'm mean you're a WORKHORSE for crying out loud. How crazy are they?
          Make a list of important things to do today.
          At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
          Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Have you tried a temp agency? A lot of them do temp-to-hire; it's how I got my last few jobs, and it's a good way to get some cash coming in.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Nope. Temp agencies tend to have the same problem with me as construction crews. They don't believe I have the experience I have (I have 10+ years in the construction biz, since I was 12).

That or they never have work for me.

*Rolls eyes so much they fall out*

Comment

BTW: Bacon-Fudge is devine but should be consumed in moderation. A little goes a long ways.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  BTW: Bacon-Fudge is devine but should be consumed in moderation. A little goes a long ways.
                  REALLY?!

BRING ON THE BACON-FUDGE! And the bacon-lollies.

Ah, hell, just bring me bacon.

Comment

You should visit me this summer. I'll be trying my hand at Bacon Vodka, bacon Fudge, chocolate covered bacon and basically hosting a Bacon Party.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

*pounces RH* HORSIE! *eeeee's and snuggles* Missed you.

And it's so them and not you cause your awesome.

Comment

bacon party?!

I'm there...

and yes of course its them and not you.....I mean who can resist your witty charm.
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I don't know if it's "whitty" so much "snarky"

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            I don't know if it's "whitty" so much "snarky"
                            Call it what you will, RW has been missed.

And it's really is them and not you.
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

RW!!!! *hugs, then buries in bacon* I MISSED-ED YOU.

It's SO them and not you.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                              X