This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow before my amazing power!

Had a conversation with a member today that went a little something like this:

(We'll say S for Sauletekis, yours truly, and M for this lovely member)

S: *opening speil*
    M: *calls in* Hi S, maybe you can help? I was hoping you could explain to me XYZ and confirm my booking times?
    S: Yes, of course *looks up member's details by the number he is calling from*
    M: Oh, do you need my reference number?
    S: Hmmm... I have a feeling this is 'Member', am I right?
    M: *shocked silence* How did you KNOW that?
    S: *completely deadpan* You see, I'm a very talented psychic...
    M: *nervous laughter followed by silence*
    S: Nah, I looked up your details using your phone number

At this point the member completely cracked up, said I just about had him and he'd be writing about how *my company* is so good that they can read your mind on his blog.

It's calls like this one that remind me how awesome my job really is
    If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

I had a similar experience not too long ago - a lady comes in to buy the same exact dog food each time and I had helped her numerous times before. She started to ask for her dog food but forgot the name of it mid-sentence so I helped her out. "52lb bag of Pedigree?"

Complete shock. I didn't have the stones to pretend like I was psychic or anything but I was close.

Comment

I had a girl call in because she left her ID, I found it and it went like this
      girl: "My name is C I left my Id up there I think but the one girl wouldn't check"
      me: "Ok let me check" (see an ID), "How do you spell your name?"
      girl: "(spells weird first name correctly)"
      me: "Last name M, and You live at <address>"
      girl: [shocked] "How did you know that?"
      me: "you do realize that is on your ID which is in my hand"

It really makes me think I'm not as easily amuzed as I once thought I was because of how clueless people can be which makes them even more shocked at simple things.

But I really think you should have left him thinking you were physic.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Whenever someone asks how I knew something, I frequently reply "I'm psychic." Depending on the situation, I may or may not then explain how I knew the answer. Most times it's just a case having a very good memory and remembering something that was said in the past.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

On a slow night, I may only have one reservation left, and I'll have them call in to confirm I still have it.

Guest: I just want to let you know that I'm running late and want to make sure you still have have a room for me.
          Me: Yes, Mr. ____, your reservation is guaranteed and we'll hold it all night for you.
          Guest: But...I never told you...how...
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Best one that happened to me, getting into a taxi outside a station somewhere in the North of England.

Taxi driver says "so how was the journey up fro London?"

me how did you know i came up fro London?

taxi driver says I'll tell you when we stop.

I puzzle over this for the rest of the journey.

Taxi driver then says

a) the train which arrived when you got in the taxi came up from London, it was the only one to arrive at that time
            b) you are carrying a suitcase so you have come from some distance
            c) you are going to a hotel where all employees of company x go when they come for training sessions up here. If you came from company x you came from one of several locations, none of which would put you on that train unless you came from London.

He was right on all three accounts.
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Well my powers of psychic ability must be waning ,because a woman came up to me and said "have you got that cheese that was in that magazine?" nothing else. I'm afraid I couldn't help her for some reason.
              "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
              set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                Best one that happened to me, getting into a taxi outside a station somewhere in the North of England.
                You didn't visit?

I had a cup of tea ready and everything!

Rapscallion

Comment

So Sauletekis, your the reason so many people think us workers are mind readers. How dare you. (Joking)

Yeah, it bothered a few people in my line of work when I grab their pack of smokes before they ask. They ask how did I know. Then they get offended when I say its what they always buy, their reasoning as one told me, "I don't smoke that much!"

Yeah. A pack of day, at the same time, every day, I learn. Wowza.

It was even better back in the day when all stores had a list of address we couldn't sell beer too for being a halfway house. The most common one being 425 of Ash, Burnside, Couch, Davis, Everest. So when people brought beer up, and give me their ID with those address, I say sorry, but BLAH housing doesn't allow beer.

Shock looks: "How the F did you know I live there?!"

Because, my company didn't like people screaming at them for that, and made it look like we were good neighbors and OLCC complient.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    So when people brought beer up, and give me their ID with those address, I say sorry, but BLAH housing doesn't allow beer.

Shock looks: "How the F did you know I live there?!"
                    So the only reason that some people don't complain that you're trying to collect info about where they live when you ask for their ID is that they don't realise that it's on their ID?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                      So the only reason that some people don't complain that you're trying to collect info about where they live when you ask for their ID is that they don't realise that it's on their ID?
                      ??? Not sure what you mean. I'm required to check ID's for beer. Birthday, Height, Weight, Sex, Match Picture. The banned address list is very short, and easy to remember, so when you see it, you can deny it.

The people are shocked that I know that their address is a halfway house, and they put it as their residence. The other one we had was for a church. Homeless people use it alot so they can get benfits. However, my company has a neighborhood/olcc backed agreement that we will not sell beer to people who would drink it on the streets and bother people. Annoying. Very annoying.

However, I still had quite a few people that say that they no longer live in said halfway house. Where as I just tell them, then you need to get your ID changed.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Well there have been so many posts about people complaining that the store is just trying to get their personal information, that I was wondering if with some people the only reason they don't complain is that they don't realise that their ID has their personal information printed on it.

Comment

Wow....most Australian ID's dont even HAVE weight printed on them. Why do you need that? (they asked for height, eye colour and a couple of other things on mine. I had to get an eye test done through my optometrist since i wear glasses...my depression was managed around that time as well. On my licence it just says "corrective lenses" on the back. It's the same for my mums.)
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                          X