This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "what is person's race?"

I'm doing my census form & I'm stuck on question #9 where it asks you "What is Person 1's race?" I'm full blooded Puerto Rican & I'm not about to mark down "White" cause I have never considered myself that. So should I write down either "Boricua" or "Trigeno"?

I didn't pay that close of attention to the races on mine (white as a sheet) but doesn't it offer Hispanic or Latino?

If not I'd write in Boricua myself.

Comment

Good question. Shouldn't Puerto Rican be on that list?

I'm not about to put down "white" either. I'm not "white" I'm a MUTT. I did NOT come from the Caucas-whatever Mountain Range. But then I haven't gotten my cencus and likely not going to get one (they have to track me down and currently I'm incommunicato).
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

'human'?

Comment

That works.

"Ar-Dubya. Human. With dog-like tendencies."
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

White. Then on the next question you indicate you are of Hispanic origin. Apparently Hispanic people are a subset of the White race? I've run into that a few times on different government things.

Comment

I put down "Boricua". That finishes that...lol.

Comment

I am of the Race of Men, of the House of Haleth (with just a twist of Noldorin ancestry).
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I was also confused with the Census.

I checked Puerto Rican (or latino..i forget what the first box was)...but then there wasnt any correct "Race" for me to fill out. I checked "Other"...

I have heard that its a subset of "white" for classification purposes..but i dont quite understand that.... Anyone know why?

Comment

I wish there was a "Proud Norske Heritage" box to check.

Failing that, a box that says "None of your frakkin' business."
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Everything is going swimmingly here, but if anyone finds a point they'd care to take up in debate, the place to go is this thread here at Fratching.

Carry on.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                      X