This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins...

So, wow. Family Drama once again. I just feel like venting as my husband has had all he can stand. Lol.

My dad has been laid off for a little while...maybe 2 months. Hes a marble and tile installer, so kitchens bathrooms etc. Hes pretty good @ it.Has been @ this for 20 yrs. Was shop foreman @ his last job. But His credit isnt the best. He doesnt have any savings or anything....So what does he go and do? He goes and buys a Marble shop. His own marble shop.....and can I mention its in the middle of nowhere. At least 1/2 hr from the city we live.

So, he springs this on me one day as a "By the way, I bought....etc". I was surprised..very surprised. My dad has no business experience. He then says to me. "I really hope I can get a small business loan, or i dont know how Im going to pay the mortgage on the first.." Really? He didnt think to get the loan BEFORE he purchased this place?!?

He also tells me "Maybe Ill hire *my husband* for the sales team.." I dont think so...I already told my husband itll be a cold day in hell before he works for him. My dad is a beast and not in a good way. He doesnt believe in positive reinforcement @ all and just likes to yell and unfortunately, belittle all the time. He likes to pick @ peoples personalities and physical faults. Hes not a nice person.

My brother worked for him @ the last shop for almost 2 yrs and it was the most stressful 2 yrs ever. My sister in law hated bringing my nephews and nieces to see my mom b/c my dad was there and would always bring work into the house and talk shit, basically.

Also, my sister (and if anyones been paying attention, shes a people-using, druggie) is the receptionist. This...i just can not explain....makes my brain explode...but thats a WHOLE 'NOTHER thread. But ugh. Shes been strutting around talking about what a cake walk its going to be.

My dads already said how he expects all of us to be there several times a week to "help" out....Ive already told him no. I work full time...I will not be there to basically work for free, b/c thats really what he wants.

I see a long dark tunnel...and no light at the end.

<hugs> Oh dear god, poor thing.

And you are a wonderful wifey for telling your husband that. I know quite a few women who would've insisted their husband do it, and made him pretend to be happy about it to boot.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Kudos to you for protecting your hubby, Amina. Nobody needs to be working in that sort of train wreck situation

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        I see a long dark tunnel...and no light at the end.
        There *is* a light at the end of the tunnel. It just might be a train, though.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          There *is* a light at the end of the tunnel. It just might be a train, though.
          My feelings exactly.

Im staying the hell outta the way!

Thanks all. Ill take it as it comes. My dad had handed me a stack of (horribly made) business cards and expects me to take them to my job @ the hospital since I work with "rich people"...

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Kudos to you for protecting your hubby, Amina. Nobody needs to be working in that sort of train wreck situation
            I'm with Morgana on this one. Family dramas are best left as fiction--of course, I can't cast stones as Mrs. TGK is in town with her family to gather more info for the saga.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X