This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idiot in supermarket

Today, I was in the supermarket minding my own business and looking at some shelves, when I heard someone saying very quietly "pippip pippip" right behind me.I presumed they were talking to themself or someone else and ignored it, it didn't appear to be anything to do with me.

The next second a guy ran his wheelchair right into my ankle.I said sorry, not having known he was there, and not connecting the "pippip" noise with him.

Then he glared at me and said "I said pippit, are you deaf?"

I was stunned and said "if you had said something sensible like excuse me, or watch out I might have known you wnted to come past.Pippip doesn't mean anything to me".

He continued to glare at me right up till when my boyfriend, who had been nearby, came over and shouted at him that he didn't appreciate him harrassing me in a supermarket.He left with his tail between his legs.

Wheelchair or not, he had no right to run into me when he wasn't even saying anything that made sense. If I had seen hi behind me, obviously I would have moved aside but the first I knew was him running into me.And then to have a go at me when I had apologised was ridiculous.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

*Blink*

...What the FRACK does pippit mean?!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

That guy sounds like an older version of a kid whom my brother went to high school with, only without the "pippit" business. (Apparently the said kid was bad about running into people with his wheelchair, and he'd get mad at the other person if they complained about him not watching where he was going)

Comment

Well, of COURSE it's ok for someone in a wheelchair to run into you! Least that's how half of them seem to think.

Still don't know what Pippit means though
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Some older people seem to think that "pippit" or "beebeep" mean "excuse me". It's their "cute" say of saying it.

Still, no one uses that anymore, and I've always heard "beebeep" to imitate a car horn saying that you should get out of their way.

He was really sucky. Good of your boyfriend to defend you though.
          Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
            Some older people seem to think that "pippit" or "beebeep" mean "excuse me". It's their "cute" say of saying it.
            It is? My mother was old and I never heard that...

well whatever it's not cute it sounds stupid. If someone said that to me I'd be like "what the HELL are you saying to me?" And him ramming you like that is unbelievably rude.....how about just waiting for a few seconds or saying something that makes sense to normal people.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I will sometimes "beep" at people that I know if I need to get through. I'll also, rarely, do that around kids.

But around strangers, I'll almost always use real words to express my desire to pass.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X