This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening at Target?

I have been to three Targets in my city this week and ALL the employees I encountered were smiling and seemed actually to be enjoying being at work.

My schedule did not allow me to get away from home to shop until the kids were asleep in bed (mom was home with them) so I ended up shopping after 9:00 p.m. and often was there almost until closing time. I expected to encounter tired, bored, nearly cranky people who would want me to leave them alone and to get out ASAP. I saw no one like that. The cashiers all were energetic and chatted up the items I was buying as if I was a personal acquaintance. Several stockers were cleaning up the insane messes people had made of stuff, yet paused and asked me cheerily if they could help me find something - and I had not asked them for help! Then everyone kept wishing me a Merry Christmas.

All I can say is whatever Target is putting in its water coolers, I want some!
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Quoth South Texan View Post
    All I can say is whatever Target is putting in its water coolers, I want some!
    That's right, Texan, drink the Kool-Aid.

(Hey, cult is such a negative term. I prefer to call it "youth group".)
    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
    My MySpace
    My LiveJournal

Comment

Pod people!!! Run for your lives!!!!
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Maybe it's because the holidays are over?

Comment

It's because HR feeds us. I was cheerful all day until my knee started screaming at me and I was running behind, knowing I'd be late getting out. But that's usual.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I often wonder if Target employees receive advanced warning that a secret shopper will be coming in.

Whenever I go there to shop, the employees are always either smiling and very welcoming, or they have fireballs shooting from their eyes.

Perhaps it's just coincidence?

Comment

I was at Target 2 days ago.... not a bad experience, but not a great one either.

Cashier was about as impersonal and robotic as they get. Granted, it was around 9:30 (they close at 10), but damn, I even said "Hey how's it going?" to her when I walked up and just got a blank look as a response.

Comment

Working...
              X