This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 5 pounds!

So, a couple weeks ago, I finally took the plunge and decided it was time to lose some weight. I've tried before but was never very successful, large because all the previous times, I was living with my parents and my mother's cooking, while delicious, would usually sabotage my goals. Anyway, that's another story for another time. I live on my own (well, with my husband) now so I can buy what I want and eat what I want, even if that means making two meals, one for me and one for him, although he's been very tolerant of my healthy cooking lately! (I make it taste good, really!)

So far I've lost 5 pounds. Yay! I'm so happy. I have a long ways to go, I'm pretty overweight but I'm so happy by the way things have started. I really think I can do it this time. I'm also counting calories pretty closely, something else I've never done but which I think has helped a lot.

Unfortunately, I think I hurt my knees and/or back last week playing Dance Dance Revolution. I've been trying to get ahold of my chiropractor all day to see if there's anything she can do about it, but she hasn't been answering her office phone or returning my calls so maybe she's out today. Hopefully sometime this week she can see me. I'm not hurting too bad today but I don't want anything to get any worse, either.

Time to go make salmon, baked potato, and zucchini for dinner!

Good for you!

You might want to check out the The getting back in shape thread and the Get in shape, CSers!! social group, if you haven't already.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yay! *dances with Magie*

Comment

Congratulations!
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Congrats! Hope you can see your chiropractor soon.

Comment

Working...
          X