X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Kids!

Another Friday night, another pain in the ass

Again, for the 3rd week in a row, we've had to call the cops on these stupid ass kids

I counted a group ( i think actually separate groups but were standing all together) of 20 kids. These kids never have any adults with them.ever.

the cops couldnt do much, and i asked about banning them, but he said thats the managers decision, not much he can do there.

so i left a note for the manager tomorrow, telling her we had to call them again and me and the other 2 who work every friday night are tired of dealing with them.

bonus?

i found a stink bomb in one of the aisles.

now when i got into work at 2 i walked in and i smelled something nasty. i figured it was because i was walking by the bathrooms. but still smelled it throughout the store. so then i though, maybe they shampooed the carpet (always smells like wet dog after)

a few people were convinced it was the wheelchair lady, and that she crapped herself. but pharmacy claimed to hear a pop noise before the smell.

about 5 hours later i found the stink bomb packaging on the shelves, still stinking.

seriously? WTF????

oh and our DM got to smell it too

customers complained about it, as well as the ever growing kid problem.

thank god im on vacation next week

Setting off a sting bomb seems like a criminal action. They're effecting business. I can't believe the cop said they couldn't do anything.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
      Setting off a sting bomb seems like a criminal action. They're effecting business. I can't believe the cop said they couldn't do anything.
      my bad...

what i meant was...

the stink bomb had already gone off before i got to work.

the groups of kids started coming in around 7 and just before all this happened, i found the stink bomb. it definitely wasnt any of the kids at that time.

he said he couldnt do much while they were there, since they werent stealing i guess or whatever. i say we should just ban them. the cop we had last week said he would ticket the kids, i wish we had him tonite

Comment

ohhhhhhhh. Well in any case for what it's worth I hate the massive herds of teenagers that tear through my store too. They like riding the bike displays and using the fake swords to smack each other and knock things off the shelves so we're constantly kicking them out.

Threatening to call the cops has worked for us so far.

I once posted about the ones who decided to shave their friend's head in our bathroom.

It's almost to the point where I'll watch a big group of them walk in and just follow them first off so I can get them out as soon as possible and keep track of the havoc they cause.

Then again, maybe we should hire one or two so they can realize what jerks they're being and discourage their friends from coming back.

Comment

the guys always come in, walk right to the deodorant section. douse themselves in axe, and walk right back out.

i keep telling my self im going to make the next kid actually pay for doing that, but dont know what i would do if they didnt have any money. lol

Comment

Well, if you see them use something and not pay, it's stealing. Or destruction of property I might think, since you can't sell it as new.

We get kids doing the smoke bombs and stuff too. Jerks.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
              Then again, maybe we should hire one or two so they can realize what jerks they're being and discourage their friends from coming back.
              Not a bad idea. You'd have to be sure you're hiring one of the more conscientious ones, one who will discourage his friends from acting up, and not one who'll participate in it and use his employee status to make things worse.

We like to say, "SCs should have to work in customer service for a while, then they'll see what it's like." Problem is, too many SCs don't have the capacity to see others' viewpoints or learn lessons; they just wonder why they're being picked on and nothing gets through.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                the guys always come in, walk right to the deodorant section. douse themselves in axe, and walk right back out.
                I destest that stuff. The way the air currents were in the store I used to work at, somebody would decide to sample that stuff and it would come right into the pharmacy. And we all wound up gagging for the next half hour.

And no, it does not smell "sexy". I have never come close to having the reaction that those girls do in the commercials for it.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Well, if you see them use something and not pay, it's stealing. Or destruction of property I might think, since you can't sell it as new.
                Can't do anything about it if they're using the samples.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

You damn kids and your stink bombs and your large groups and your axe body sprays and your walkmans and your hula hoops and your loud music and your disrespect for authority and your Cheryl Freeman and your "Lost" and your...zzzzzzzz
                  Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

the stink bomb was only 8 feet away from the axe section.

we do not have any testers for deodorant.

and seriously, they do not smell good! lol the guys who i think smell good arent using axe or anything like it!

Comment

Are you sure it was a stink bomb and not somebody putting on Ax?

That stuff has the best advertising campaign in the world. It smells like ass but people are convinced to use it. I don't know how they did it, hypnosis maybe.

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
                        Are you sure it was a stink bomb and not somebody putting on Ax?

That stuff has the best advertising campaign in the world. It smells like ass but people are convinced to use it. I don't know how they did it, hypnosis maybe.
                        definitely a stink bomb. i found the packaging on the shelf and disposed of it outside the store. it was awful lol

looked like this
                        http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/thegag_2106_72716039
                        Last edited by Boozy; 06-06-2010, 01:45 PM. Reason: merging posts

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post

i keep telling my self im going to make the next kid actually pay for doing that, but dont know what i would do if they didnt have any money. lol
                          Theft. They're taking product and not paying for it. Or, possibly, vandalism.

As for what you can get them on otherwise, if they're not actively shopping, then they're loitering, and I'm willing to bet your work has "no loitering" signs somewhere.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X