This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former CW buys me my lunch!

The other day I stopped off at the supermarket across the street from my store to buy somebread and cold cuts for my lunch breaks this week. This store is in the same chain i used to work at.

Anyway, I get all the way up to the register, my stuff is rung in, and I realized to my horror that I didn't have my debit card. Now, I hadn't lost it; I knew exactly where it was. It was sitting on my desk at home. And of course, I have no credit card, I don't carry any checks, and had only $2 cash in my pocket. Not enough to cover the $9.19 total, and not enough to go to Burger King. And I sure as hell didn't have enough time to go home and back before my shift started, so not only was I in the position of being an SC for the cashier (at these stores, they have no Item Correct Key, so if someone walks away without paying, they have to call a supervisor to individually void each item, then clear out the transaction. Major pain in the butt), but I would not have been able to eat lunch that day. So my day looked like it was going to hell in a handbasket and it wasn't even 8AM yet.

Then something awesome happened.

The woman bagging on that register used to work with me when I worked for this chain; she'd recently transferred to this store. She remembered me, and we would often chat briefly when I came in to get my lunch fixings. So she PAID FOR MY FOOD!!!!!!!

I was albsolutely floored. I asked when she was working next (today) and made a point of coming back in first thing to pay her back. I also gave her a $10 gift card to the Outback Steakhouse as a thank you for helping me out. She tried to refuse the card, saying that I didn't have to do that, but I said "Hey, you didn't have to do what you did for me the other day. I insist."

She was happy, I was happy, and it made for a nice bright point in my day.

JANIS!!!!!!!!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Kudos to you too, for the Gift Card!

That was a nice gesture in rewarding her good deed.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

To cashier for being kind to fmr cw: what a nice thing to do.

To dave for rewarding said kindness: wonderful way to reward her.

Comment

Thank you! Thank you very much!

Definitely not the sort of thing that happens every day.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
        X