This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes kid, tell your ma!

...yes, tell her how to behave on the phone!

I get this call in for the [Electronic Toy] company.

Me: "Good morning, thank you for calling [Company], my name is [Cemetery Cecil], how can I help you?"
    Lady: "Well, I can't trust your company, can I?"
    Me: "...sorry ma'am, what are you referring to?"
    Lady: "The [item] is broken, it lasted only a week, my son is desperate because he can't play!"
    Me: "I am sure we can fix it, or in case replace it for free. Can you please tell me what seems to be the problem?"
    Lady: "I don't know, it doesn't work!"
    Me: "I'm afraid that I need some more details, could you please ask your son, if he is there, to explain you what is the problem?"
    Lady: "OK, I'll put him on, but be careful, he is 14!"
    [I think that she is warning me that I will be talking to a moody teenager. I become aware that I am being put on loudspeaker]
    Son: "Hallo, my name is [Name]"
    Lady (from the back): "Don't tell him your name! You don't know how he will use it!"
    Me: "Don't worry, I am not even writing it down. Now, [Name], can you please explain me what is wrong with your [item]?"
    Son: "Yes, well, I am following the instructions..."
    [detailed troubleshooting follows, with the son being extremely cooperative and polite]
    Me: "Yes, I think I know what is happening. There is a quick fix for it, but I will have to send you an e-mail with instructions and a link to download an update to the Software"
    Mom (from the back): "Don't give him any e-mail!"
    Me: "I'm afraid that without an e-mail address I won't be able to help you fix the problem with your [item]"
    Mom: "You are invading our privacy! Give me your name and I'll report you to the Police!"
    Me: "Ma'am, I am only asking for your e-mail address so I can provide you with a solution to the issue you called us about. Without it I am unable to assist you. I can guarantee that we will not contact you for any reason unless you initiate the contact"
    Mom (in a low voice): "[Name], give him a fake e-mail address"
    Son: "Mom, he needs to send us the instructions! OK [Cecil], it is [e-mail@ddr.ess]"
    Mom: "YOU GAVE HIM A REAL ADDRESS!"
    Son: "Mom, I will explain you in a minute. [Cecil], thank you for your help, if it doesn't work I guess I can call you again, correct?"
    Me: "Absolutely, thank you for calling"
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Wow... someone needs their tinfoil hat adjusted.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
      Lady: "The [item] is broken, it lasted only a week, my son is desperate because he can't play!"
      I can't get past this line. Did "the outside" disappear sometime between my childhood and this kids childhood?
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
        Wow... someone needs their tinfoil hat adjusted.
        I'm afraid we don't support that...
        Quoth Whiskey View Post
        I can't get past this line. Did "the outside" disappear sometime between my childhood and this kids childhood?
        Not a clue.
        Not that the kid sounded "desperate" in any way... just mildly puzzled as you would if you buy a new item and it doesn't work as it should.
        Not the first time I hear of "desperate" kids on that account, by the way.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
          What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Oh wait, I think I remember. Its that burning sauna that my goats live in.

Comment

Wow, that's sad how much smarter that kid is than his mother. Good thing he's looked past her raising.

Comment

You basically just talked to my mother and my time diffused 14 year-old self. Man it's annoying having to live with a psychotic mother.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                Wow, that's sad how much smarter that kid is than his mother. Good thing he's looked past her raising.
                Agreed - kudos to him.
                Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                You basically just talked to my mother and my time diffused 14 year-old self. Man it's annoying having to live with a psychotic mother.
                Aw, so sorry for you! But you seem to have survived and thrived, if you are here!
                FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Comment

Mom: "You are invading our privacy! Give me your name and I'll report you to the Police!"
                  Wow, paranoid much?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Falor View Post
                    What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Oh wait, I think I remember. Its that burning sauna that my goats live in.
                    Cursed Daystar! It buuuuurns!
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      no whiskey what mom ment was 'OMG this kid is now talking to me asking me questions and bothering me when i want to watch this guy breakout of jail on a my soap opera!!!!!!!!!'

Comment

Gee, I kinda think the lady was more desperate then the son was.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Cursed Daystar! It buuuuurns!
                          Big ball fire! Come up over edge of world, light up sky!!!
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

The sun is only there to kill us
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Jesus!

Clearly the poor kid must take after his Dad.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X