This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady with facial hair and B.O.

Tonight we had someone straight out of peopleofwalmart.com go through our store. It was a very large woman with facial hair. She had a mustache and beard growing. She also had over-powering B.O. When I was leaving I got a whiff of it in an empty aisle and looked down the next aisle-there she was. This time, accompanied by a man. Which I thought extremely odd.

Now, the facial hair she may not be able to help. (hormonal issues, PCOS etc)

But the B.O.......

Comment

She might not be able to help that she grows facial hair, but she could always shave.
      Shrug. Maybe it's part of the look she's going for.

The other night I stopped at a c-store to pick up some caffeinated goodness on my way into work, and the guy working had the most overpowering BO. It just hit you like a wave about a second after you enter the store. It was so bad it was making my eyes water when I paid at the register.
      My god man, you work in a store that has soap and deodorant available 24/7. I'll buy it for you if you promise to use it!
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I've got a colleague that has that very problem especially in summer. It doesn't matter how often he showers or if he uses deodorant or not, he just perspires so strong and bad smelling that there is no antiperspirant or deodorant that can fight it.

So it might not be his own choice and he might have showered just before leaving for work.
        A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

I had to sit next to a guy on the bus [Greyhound] who had REALLY bad B.O. I know that you don't smell the greatest when you're on the bus for a couple of days, but he'd JUST gotten on the bus. As in: that was his first leg of the trip. Wouldn't you shower and wear deodorant or something?
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
            I've got a colleague that has that very problem especially in summer. It doesn't matter how often he showers or if he uses deodorant or not, he just perspires so strong and bad smelling that there is no antiperspirant or deodorant that can fight it.
            Time to talk to a doctor. It could be a symptom of something.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

*nods* Unfortunately sometimes this happened to me. When I was first diagnosed with NASH I could take 3 showers a day, and not help. Due to Liver problems (inherited). So it can be a medical issue. Thankfully it doesn't happen much any more. Just strange body chemistry.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
                Sounds like he needs to look at what he's eating (possibly too many spices/too much garlic) & cut down on it, & if that doesn't work, try going to the doctor. Isn't there some liver problem that bad BO is a symptom of?
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Some of us can't smell our own BO. I had a friend like that - she was convinced people who told her she stank were picking on her.

I told her to go home, hang her shirt on a chair, take a shower, and then smell the shirt.

She immediately began using deodorant.

I got the idea from my friend who worked with the sheep at the zoo. One day they all had diarrhea. Being in the stench all day, she got used to it...

She couldn't understand why no one would sit near her on the bus.

When she got home, her Mom said, "You! Bath! Now!" She said, "But, mom..." "NOW!!!!!" She went upstairs, shucked her clothes, and hit the shower. When she went back into her bedroom, she said the smell about knocked her over.
                  I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                  - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

He's talked to them, he's got digestive problems and others too. But nothing should affect his BO, it just does. Luckily our job doesn't have too close contact with customers, it almost always has a desk between. And you really don't notice it in a big office, just a lift or such.
                    A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

I once had a volunteer at my theatre who had a beard. Swear to "Bob," it was a religious issue. In her rival cult (sorry, it's a Subgenius term, can't help it), women aren't allowed to remove hair of any kind. Yes, she had long long hair.

Comment

Working...
                      X