This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel Weird Asking But....

Does anyone here watch Young And The Restless?

It makes me want to vomit and I can't stop watching. I've been watching it for a year and a few months now.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

My wife does, and if she and I are both off I'll watch with her.

Can't say I know too much about what's going on half the time though.

Comment

My Grandma has been watching it since day 1. Grandpa used to watch it up until he died in 1990.

I used to be really into Days and Passions, but nowdays Days just makes me so ill I can't stand it more than one day a week (usually I'm in bed before it's on anyway and never feel the need to stay up for it, but I'm almost always up all day Fridays). I swear on Days it takes over a month to go through a day in their lives.

Comment

Well, already stepped in, might as well jump.

My mom used to watch General Hospital, and if I was inside at 3 PM I had to watch it too unless I wanted to use the downstairs TV. So I ended up watching it up until highschool when I had a job that caused me to be away.

I'll still watch every so often, but it's rare.

My wife only watches CBS soaps, her favorite was Guiding Light, and she had me tape episodes for her for quite a while. So I watched that with her until it went off the air.

Now she has me tape Bold and the Beautiful, and if I'm home I'll watch that with her.

I really shouldn't admit that...

Comment

I've been watching Y&R since 1977 (yes, I'm that old, but I was like 4.5 years old, so not too old ).

I'm excited that the gentleman who played Steven "Patch" Johns on DOOL is now on Y&R. And I'm a huuuuuuge Michael Damien fan.

But yeah, the only time I get to watch lately is either online or on the SoapNET channel.

Comment

Sometimes Y&R gets inflicted upon me in the breakroom, where co-workers are watching.

The only soap opera I'm vaguely familiar with is All My Children, because by golly you will not get between my mom and AMC every weekday afternoon!
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in college...my roommate got me into it, and my grandmother watched it so I still watched during the summers. Haven't watched any daytime soaps in years, I'm happy to say.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't get Soapnet, so I have to stay up for a bit and watch at least a bit of it every day (even if I have to go in early that night for work).

I curse the cable company for putting Soap Net on the channels that my landlord doesnt provide.

Comment

My sister did in the '80's...Don't know if she still does.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

when i was little my mom watched:
                    Y&R, '
                    AMC,
                    One life to live,
                    GH

I have no idea what's going on on any of them any more... i don't even know 1/2 characters, and the other 1/2 i remember when they were kids, (and so was i) and now they're having kids...
                    But Susan Lucci still plays Erica Cane on AMC and so all is right with the world; oh and Vanessa Marcil is returning as Brenda on GH. that is all.
                    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                    X