This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two favorites.

I wouldn't call either of these customers "sucky" (one was mildly annoying), just... stupid.

First one, I was working at the box office at my theater, a customer comes up and looks at one of our showtime handouts for a few moments (we have our showtimes printed on sheets of paper, and customers can take a copy with them). Finally he looks up and says "I want to buy a ticket." I politely ask him which show he wants a ticket for, and he ignores me. A few awkward moments go by, and he finally pipes up and says, "How much is it?" I tell him that it's $3.00 but before I can sell him a ticket he has to tell me which movie he wants to see. Again he ignores me, pulls out his wallet and gives me a $20 note.

I take the money from him, and ask a third time which movie he wants to see. Something suddenly clicks in his head and he asks, "Oh, what's on?" I'm about ready to facepalm at this point, hand him his money back and hand him one of our showtime sheets. He looks dumbfounded again and says, "Oh, I have to pick one?" I tell him yes, he has to pick one. He takes the showtime sheet and walks away. I never saw him again that day.

Second one's a bit shorter, and probably nothing too special. At the concession stand we sell a kids' pack which includes a box of popcorn and a 16 oz. drink. Additionally, you can get an icee instead of the drink with it, but it costs $0.50 extra to do that. Anyway, it's not readily apparent what they are, so customers asking, "What's a kids' pack?" is a pretty common question, and easy to explain. At the time I was trying to be more specific, so my answer was "A little box of popcorn and a sixteen-ounce drink." I said that to a middle-aged woman once, and she asked immediately, "What's a sixteen-ounce drink?"

Nothing huge, but considering she was more than likely American (she had no distinct accent, I suppose there was the off chance she was a visitor from Canada though), I was dumbfounded how she didn't know what a 16 oz. drink was.

Maybe the first guy just likes to collect tickets.

The second one....nope, I dunno.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"It's a drink that's one ounce more than a 16 ounce drink.. (stupid!!)"

Comment

Working...
      X