X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old..

Awesome.
    I love when girls put guys in their place. Second phone call of the night, and this is the conversation.

Me: Thank you for calling [Town's hotel], this is SHW, how can I help you?
    Lady: Hi SHW. I was wondering, is there any chance you have a vacancy?
    Me: No ma'am, I'm sorry. However, [sister site] Still has 1 smoking king.
    Guy in background, who's been rambling this entire call.: We just got married, Give us a fucking room bitch.
    Lady: Ya know, I have a 24 hour window to annul, and if you don't cool it, you're gonna be a single broke bastard.

I hung up (Barely) before I burst out laughing.

I came into work, and there's a not that says 323's lock is broke. It's not broke, it needs reset. Or least, that's what Mommy Manager told me.
    Yeah.. about that. Lock reset machine, is over at Sister site. So.. it's staying locked. Good thing nobody's in there.

Same old shit.. different day..
    Guy: I was calling to find out if you had any rooms.
    Me: Sorry sir, I don't. I'm completely booked.
    Guy: You don't have any suites or nothing?
    Me: No sir, no rooms.
    *sighs* this is getting REALLY old. Let me break it down to simple words, again. NO FUCKIN ROOMS!

So, Betty, the sister site's auditor, called. She's dying of laughter. Apparently, one of my jerks from last week, is staying with her hotel THIS week.
    And he's ranting about how I should be fired, and didn't I know who he was?
    Betty: "And who are you?"
    Guy made a catbutt face and walked off.

Jester has a competition
    Guy came down tonight wearing a 'body builders are GODS" Shirt and all I could think of was Jester's signature: ""Bartenders Are Gods. Tip Well. Don't Anger The Gods.""

Aunt Vicky
    Okay, I told Sammi I thought I got Uncle Vick (Or some weird hillbilly cousin) last week that said the Queen was an alien. Well, now I think I've met the female version of Grave's "Uncle Vick". And in honor of him, I'm dubbing her "Aunt Vicky." She's scary.
    Apparently: If I donate 1000 dollars to her given charity (which between the hours of 3-11 is Susan G Komen and from 11 - whenever she stops calling today, is Kids need helmets, and no, I'm not kidding), she'll buy me a house so the Alien Queen can't get me.
    Oh boy.

Side note: Why does my system keep signing me out? It doesn't do this to anyone else and my co-workers think I've lost my damned mind. Grr.

Stares for rooms?
    John and I printed a sign that says "From the hours of 11pm to 5am, our door is locked. Please press the button on the black box, if there are issues with your key, or you need to reach the desk clerk."
    Simple instructions yeah?
    WRONG! People still stare with this lost confused look when they come to the door. DUDE, I won't notice you!

Good natured couple
    A lady called to try and do a reservation. It took me breaking it down like Sesame Street before she got it. But bless her heart, she and her husband were the NICEST people.

And.. now I've got my paperwork done.. and I need to do stock.. and waffle batter..

Bonus
    Son of a bitch! It was lovely and quiet and a night most any hotel worker would love. (Hurray for peace and quiet.). But, some drunken douchebag had to go ruin that. Mr. Drunkard wanted a room. Didn't understand the concept of no rooms.

So he wandered my lot. A worker (not sure which one) let him in and he started smoking on my back stair well. I told him he had to leave since he wasn't a guest. He said his buddy was here, but couldn't cough up a room number or name.

I get him back outside and now, all I see hear is him in my gravel rocks. I opened the door and one of my spanish workers grabbed me (Only time I'll say thanks for that) so I wasn't pelted in the head with the damn rock, and it hit the door.

Now I've got two local cops picking the guy up and he wants to call his wife. The cops know that I can't let him use my phone, it's not public. So.. he finally hunts up his cell phone. Doesn't call his wife though. No no. He calls Mommy.

Now Mommy comes and gets her precious little legal son, and snaps on me. In front of the cops. And I was having such a nice night too..

>This so better be the end of my night.
    Last edited by superhotelworker; 09-19-2010, 10:46 AM.

First, I like the first lady that called. That is telling him!
    Second. Man I am beginning to believe people actually can't hear the word no.
    Last..I'd stare at you wait..that came out wrong...
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

LMAO Bad minion. BAD.
      And yes, that lady made me damn near choke on air. LOL

Comment

She had a great counter to his SC-ness.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I loved it. ANd Kristev, your sig rocks

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
            Lady: Hi SHW. I was wondering, is there any chance you have a vacancy?
            Me: No ma'am, I'm sorry. However, [sister site] Still has 1 smoking king.
            Guy in background, who's been rambling this entire call.: We just got married, Give us a fucking room bitch.
            Lady: Ya know, I have a 24 hour window to annul, and if you don't cool it, you're gonna be a single broke bastard.
            A non-sucky customer married to a Sucky Customer. I give that marriage maybe 6 months, tops. Kudos to her for telling the jerk to cool it, though I would think they'd have made hotel reservations in advance.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

She tried actually, a week ago. We told her we were booked but I have a feelin she's been a lil too stressed dealing with his goofy ass to remember.

Comment

Ugh! People just don't understand what "sold out" means! I had to deal with that yesterday. Today it's a new kind of stupid which I plan to make a topic about.

And is it ok if I stare? You might have to mop up a puddle of drool since I'd be so fixated on your good looks.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Thank you, superhotelworker.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Updated bonus
                    Bardic: If you read this can I have my drink? You can choose what it is.

Comment

Doesn't call his wife though. No no. He calls Mommy.
                      The way this guy is acting, maybe those are the same people.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Awe thanks Hero.. *gags*

Comment

Updated bonus
                          Bardic: If you read this can I have my drink? You can choose what it is.
                          *opens up liquor cabinet and starts handing bottles to SHW* It's all yours hon... whatever you want. I even have some Pumpkin Woodchuck to share... it's nummy!
                          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Ooooh yum.

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
                              *opens up liquor cabinet and starts handing bottles to SHW* It's all yours hon... whatever you want. I even have some Pumpkin Woodchuck to share... it's nummy!
                              woah woah woah

wheres my invite
                              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                              X