This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very disturbing trend

I did not want to put this in SC or the Sightings forum cause it is not reallly sucky but I do see this every shift I work. MODS if you feel this may devolve into Fratching worthy stuff I will galdly take it over there.

for a while now I have noticed a very disturbing trend. when I make a delivery, about 25% of the time I get small children (aged 4 to say 10) physically unlocking and flinging open the inside door AND opening the screen door to greet me, most times with NO parent in sight yet.

Yes I am glad that the children are happy to see the pizza delivery guy BUT with all of the "Stranger Danger" like stuff and all of the "our children MUST BE PROTECTED from the evil preditors/pedo's" ----------> WHY IN THE NAME OF (whatever diety) would you let or even encourage your small children just open the door to a stranger?????? EVEN IF you know you are getting a food delivery???????

It just seems to me to be a VERY contraditory and mixed message coming from the parents.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Parents probably think it's cute.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Hopefully the parents see that it's the Pizza Guy before they allow that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Dunno, maybe not. I can just see it now-the "pizza" guy abducts someone's child and it's all over the news and the image of the pizza chain is tarnished forever...
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

That is disturbing. I get scammers (and possibly people casing) come to my door every now and again.

And I understand it's nearly impossibly to get a vacuum salesman out of your house.

My kid's been told to NOT open the door, but to come alert me if someone is on our porch.

Comment

We tell our kids to get mommy/daddy if someone's at the door.

When we have pizza night, sometimes we'll ask if they want to come to the door and say hi/bye or whatever. It's always after we answer the door tho, and def. not mandatory.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              It just seems to me to be a VERY contraditory and mixed message coming from the parents.

Like trick-or-treating.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Hopefully the parents see that it's the Pizza Guy before they allow that.
                Not that I can see ie. no curtains open or moving aside for a look-see. heck sometimes the kids run down the stairs from a 2d floor apt with the apt in back and the door in back.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I remember, grandma told me (when I was just a little kid, that is,) never answer the door to anyone we didn't know. Go get her or grandpa, or my mother if she was home & awake, instead.

I believe you. There actually is a danger. Just because someone's bringing you pizza, or cable, or whatnot, doesn't make them safe.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    I remember, grandma told me (when I was just a little kid, that is,) never answer the door to anyone we didn't know. Go get her or grandpa, or my mother if she was home & awake, instead.

I believe you. There actually is a danger. Just because someone's bringing you pizza, or cable, or whatnot, doesn't make them safe.
                    Over 90% of child sexual abuse is perpetrated by a family member or family friend.
                    An even greater percentage of non-sexual child abuse is done by people the child knows.

'Stranger Danger' is an overhyped, over-exaggerated threat. I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be cautious when in the presence of strangers, but perspective is needed.

Comment

Working...
                    X