This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Response to Taboo's Thread...

Didn't want to hijack, but Taboo's story about the sans/ serif font reminded me of this.

A few months ago an author called saying he'd received his copies of his book and he was unhappy with the font, could we change it?

Um, no. We just printed 1,500 copies. Besides, you saw two sets of page proofs before it got sent to print. Did you think we were using a stand in font for those, until we unveiled the main event font, the Queen of Fonts, the Uber Font, the font we only put in the books just before we print them in case they loose their fonty essence?

And the font that so troubled him? Bembo. The font used for approximately 70% of all books published. Argh. What a nutmuffin.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

the font we only put in the books just before we print them in case they loose their fonty essence?

I love it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There is now a running joke in the office that we have a font leak...
      Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
        A few months ago an author called saying he'd received his copies of his book and he was unhappy with the font, could we change it?
        HAH. Wow, I would have wanted to slap him. I mean, really? Be grateful that you're being published, use the opportunities they do offer you to give critique -- and then suck it up. I guarantee nobody but him will care much about the font.

What do you want to bet that he wanted it in, oh, Papyrus or Comic Sans or something?

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
          There is now a running joke in the office that we have a font leak...
          That sounds like something Thursday Next would deal with.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Is it a really big, thick heavy book? How much damage would it do if, say, it was accidentally (cough) dropped on him?
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              That sounds like something Thursday Next would deal with.
              Ahhhhh I LOVE THAT SERIES!
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
              X