This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footsteps

Here at the rec desk we have drop ceilings. I can hear something running around on the ceiling tiles. I'm now getting paranoid that an angry squirrel is going to drop down on me. This does not make me a happy person.

Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
    One of three things will happen. It will find its way back out through the roof, it will drop down like you say, or it will die up there and you will be able to enjoy the aroma until the thing fossilizes.
    You left out "it chews through enough electrical wiring to set the place on fire." Haven't you watched Billy The Exterminator?
    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
    My MySpace
    My LiveJournal

Comment

Or it leads an army of its angry brothers to devour you while you try to get away.
      A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
      Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The ceiling tiles in my church are all saggy from squirrels using them for trampolines.

One of the hairy little beggars fell out of the ceiling during a service. I wasn't there, but I heard all about it.

I always miss the fun stuff.

Wasn't there a song about a kid that took a squirrel to church in a box and it ended up running amok and causing pandemonium? I'm sure it was not that much fun...but I like to imagine that it was.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          Wasn't there a song about a kid that took a squirrel to church in a box and it ended up running amok and causing pandemonium? I'm sure it was not that much fun...but I like to imagine that it was.
          That'd be the Mississippi Squirrel Revival by Ray Stevens.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            That'd be the Mississippi Squirrel Revival by Ray Stevens.

^-.-^
            Truely one of the great songs of all time.

...now I'm going to be humming that all day.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

"Mr. Squirrel,I'd like you to meet Mr. Crosman"
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                "Mr. Squirrel,I'd like you to meet Mr. Crosman"
                Crosman actually makes gas guns? They have a reputation for clear plastic springers, I didn't really expect them to dabble in metal bodies and green gas...

But yes, smack that little furball around with a good BB gun

Comment

I have a flock of 20 or so guinea fowl that I raised from .

We let them out of their coop in the morning whereupon they run around the house chasing each other about 3 times, then varying numbers of them roost on the roof of the house. [not a current picture, but the only one I happen to have.

If you noted the sound in the first link ... you will note that they have a rather *unique* sound. Added to the stomp of little birdy feets on the roof, and the damned chickens living in the bush at the end of the house hidden by the rather snowy jeep laying eggs it gets rather difficult to stay asleep.

I would rather have a nice otherwise quiet little squirrel in the overhead.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
                    Crosman actually makes gas guns? They have a reputation for clear plastic springers, I didn't really expect them to dabble in metal bodies and green gas...

They don't "dabble",they've made CO2 guns since the 30s,the clear plastic springers are the new items.

I have a 1946 Crosman 150 pump pistol,grandfather to the Classic Pump Pistol.

The 2240 in my original link is a .22 cal pistol,more powerful than any BB pistol,I've taken rabbits at 20 yards with mine.

Assuming an 8 foot ceiling,a 14 grain pellet from the 2240 will go right thru the acoustic panel & probably thru the squirrel too.Then it's squirrel stew time!
                    Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 12-02-2010, 08:58 PM.
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
                      Please don't. BB guns aren't nearly as harmless as everybody thinks they are; they're guns, after all. Just ask any vet about why they shouldn't be used like this.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

He is still running around up there and it doesn't look like he is going to be gone any time soon (apparently he also runs around in the walls upstairs and he has been here for almost a week). I figure if he is going to be around for a bit he may as well have a name, so he is now Brutus (named after the squirrel that used to regularly sit on the windowsill of my Latin class, and even once came in and joined us).

Comment

Gah. Guinea Fowl are so awkward looking... like a pillow with a neck and head and legs... bleh. There are some running around within walking distance of where I live, and whenever I drive past, I'm afraid I might hit one of them...
                          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Heh, we had this happen once in our old house. We had a little pantry off the kitchen. The ceiling light died so we had to replace it, and for a little while there was a hole up there with wires sticking out. We also had a hole somewhere in the gutter and squirrels would get into the attic.

One day one of the little buggers got under the attic floor just above the pantry, poked around the hole and either fell through or jumped down, but then he couldn't get out as the hole was in the middle of the ceiling and there was no way to climb up to it. Made the cats pretty crazy as he ran around in the pantry, all panicky. When he got tired he hid on the windowsill behind the curtain (we could see his tail sticking out).

We propped up a broom with the brush part braced on the counter and the handle poking up through the hole and shut the door. He figured it out eventually and climbed back up to the attic, and then we plugged up the hole.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                              Gah. Guinea Fowl are so awkward looking... like a pillow with a neck and head and legs... bleh. There are some running around within walking distance of where I live, and whenever I drive past, I'm afraid I might hit one of them...
                              They are funny looking, sort of like a low rent peacock, but very tasty ... =)

We have had to pick of NO ticks from Souage all fall, they just eat them all up as fast as they find them, also no infestation of nasty lady bugs or japanese beetles =)

I'm in love! I hate the usual ladybug invasion, they are the kind that smell nasty if you smush them.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X