X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost attack at work

This happened to me today...

I'm using the huge paper cutter to cut down business cards, using a pre-programmed routine (set the program, the machine moved the back guard, cuts, moves, cuts, etc.).

As the back guard is moving, it suddenly just stops, with the machine emitting a loud beep.

At the very same moment, a small stack of scrap card that was sitting on top of the machine (and nowhere near any moving parts), FLIES DIRECTLY AT MY FACE!

There were no holes or openings at the top of the cutter where the paper was sitting... The paper just jumped up and attacked me.

It must have been a ghost...
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    It must have been a ghost...
    Maybe, but I'm guessing more likely physics. If the backboard stopped moving suddenly, the momentum may have been transferred to the machine casing, which could have caused the cards to go nuts.

...or perhaps the ghosts of physicists angry at normal physics being mistaken for ghostly phenomenae so often.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I can assemble my paranormal team if you think it's necessary.

Comment

If you think beyond a doubt, that it's a disgruntled spook, get something to kill/prevent the negativity. Stone, incense, whatever makes you positive, usually are what come to mind.

But if the workplace just hates you, I can't help you there.
        My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
          ooo if it is a ghost hunt after January and not too far away I might be able to help if you need a warm body [that has done a few 'classes' with Ed and Lorraine, but disbelieves that every bump in the night is demonic in origin]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            Maybe, but I'm guessing more likely physics. If the backboard stopped moving suddenly, the momentum may have been transferred to the machine casing, which could have caused the cards to go nuts.
            I guess, but I did forget one detail... The stack of cards that was on top of the machine wasn't the only stack. There were several stacks of cards of different size, some smaller.

I was thinking that something MAY have popped up and hit the cards, but there wasn't anything in the machine before I loaded the paper. I always check... the Boss taught us to check to make sure the blade doesn't get chipped.

I still have no idea why it happened.

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
            Not yet, but thanks for the offer.

Quoth Amusement Gal View Post
            But if the workplace just hates you, I can't help you there.
            Frankly, that makes more sense... I hate the workplace, so it must hate me back!

(No, I don't really hate the place, but the job does suck sometimes...)
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I remember hearing about a guy who was working at an office building downtown. He was doing construction/renovation in various offices, and he HATED that building. He was always taking his frustrations out on the building itself, whacking away at it, yelling, cussing, even slashing at a tangle of wires with a large knife, without making sure they weren't live. Well, the building hated him right back. Of all the work crew, that guy had more accidents- brackets from HVAC ductwork popping off and hitting him in the face and knocking him off of his ladder, pants getting snagged on something and the ass getting torn right out of them, and a whole bunch of other assorted mishaps. Office Tower Poltergeist from hell, or Construction Wars: Revenge of the Skyscraper? You be the judge!
              Last edited by Amanita; 12-05-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X