This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor girl cleaning up a spill makes a bigger one

Yesterday I was working in concession and a clumsy customer spills their drink. Anyone notice how this happens alot at the movies but probably not at their homes? My guess is they know they can be careless at our place and if they make a mess, no big deal, we will mosey along and clean it up. I especially hate when kids get drinks and then squeeze the cups so hard so that the top pops off and the beverage spills on our counters and floors.
    Ok, onto the story. So after a customer spilled their drink, an usher comes to clean it up with a mop and bucket. Just as she's almost done, she knocks over the bucket and creates a bigger spill. Me and another employee clapped and gently kidded her about it (Not trying to be mean, just making light of the situation) and had she gotten upset I would've apologized. But I know this girl and she was laughing at the situation too, although she still felt a bit embarassed by the situation. Could've been worse, she could've been the employee who pulled the fire switch on the popcorn machine, which shuts it down and makes the sprinklers come on (I had no idea about this switch or the sprinklers in the popcorn machine)
    She did me a favor though. Since the huge spill was in front of my register, customers did not come up to me, for they did not want to take the risk of slipping and falling.

What is fun is when the mopbucket spills on the carpet, that takes for ever to clean up.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

This last truck we had a case of laundry detergent that must've frozen and cracked one of the bottles. When it thawed the bottle leaked itself dry all over the backroom floor.

The carryout guy was actually planning to mop up the mess with water.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        This last truck we had a case of laundry detergent that must've frozen and cracked one of the bottles. When it thawed the bottle leaked itself dry all over the backroom floor.

Trying to discover why they call it the FIRE-hose?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Generic cat litter is your friend. I've had managers tell me to mop soap and oil spills with water. Discovered early on how well that works.
          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
          My MySpace
          My LiveJournal

Comment

When I worked at a movie theater, I had an employee who put a can of Pepsi in the walking freeze, and then forgot about it. When it burst I made him clean it up. The idiot used water...in a freezer kept at 10 degrees...

Comment

I've dumped a mob bucket before. Just one of those things that makes you laugh at the world.

Comment

Working...
              X