This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Caved!

I said I would never do it but the deal was just too good!

I always said the only MMO I would play was Guild Wars because I don't have to pay a monthly fee to play the game. Then I saw Star Trek Online was at a very reduced cost on Amazon.com for the download version (can't beat $5!) and I figured, "What the heck."

So now I'm playing it with my free 30 days and I'm totally addicted. I can't stop playing. I'm even considering...paying for a regular subscription.

What have I done!
    "Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine"

ROFL You'll get over it dear.

I always thought that i'd be doing GW for the rest of my life. Technicall i am...i'm going to GW2 here as soon as it comes out.

However, I moved on to LOTRO and a few others. You'll be fine. I promise. Besides, if it weren't for LOTRO, i would never have met and married my husband.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Guild Wars here as well. Hall of Monuments is over 35 at the moment. ELonan Cartography being worked on. Need four more minipets. Some PVP may be in my future.

Rapscallion

Comment

HoM is 31/50 for me, All from One character.

If you ask nicely, I'll PM you my main's name.

Legendary Cartographer, legendary Skill Hunter, yadda yadda yadda. Working on Vanquishing and Legendary Master of the North.

(AIming for GWAMM)

Comment

I think Cryptic finally threw all their support behind STO...I haven't heard anything good about CO lately.

Too much, too fast, one of the two was doomed to fail...and by the sounds it's Champions.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Finished legendary cartographer in the last couple hours. Tomorrow, I start vanquishing. Ten zones in Tyria, ten in Cantha, and a little over half in Elona to do. Need to start hitting PvP to get Z keys to get that title. Just opened a couple of four or five-year presents and got a couple of fairly decently priced minipets, so I should be good for cash.

Heh

Currently 37/50 - Rapscallina Muppet for those interested.

Rapscallion
            Last edited by Rapscallion; 12-06-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Eh; what the hell. you can find me either on my 'sin (Karin Strellok) or my ranger (Selena Naryen)

Be warned, I do, on rare occasions (and as a direct side effect of 20 years of D&D) lapse into Roleplaying speak.

53 Tyria zones, 12 missions. 7 cantha zones, 9 missions, 16 Elona zones, 9 missions, 6 Eye of the North zones, 6 Dungeons, Including Slaver's Exile.

Comment

Star Trek online? Really? what's it like? I may get into it if it's worth it...
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                  I think Cryptic finally threw all their support behind STO...I haven't heard anything good about CO lately.

Too much, too fast, one of the two was doomed to fail...and by the sounds it's Champions.
                  Not sure about that. I believe CO is going free-to-play.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Star Trek online? Really? what's it like? I may get into it if it's worth it...
                    It's addicting. I've only been playing for a few days. There's a demo you can try out for the first few couple missions. From there you can purchase it. I recommend going through Amazon and get the download for $5. I recently discovered the Diplomacy track and started working on that.

As for Guild Wars, anyone searching for me can find me usually as Edeya Umal, my ranger.

Comment

Wow, didn't know there were so many GW players on here. I have all the expansions but Eye of the North and two level 20 Ascendeds (and a full up complement of other characters ranging level 9-19) but I gave up playing because owning your own guild that has no one in it kind of is boring, and I don't know people who play.

Comment

Quoth Abby_Normal View Post
                        It's addicting. I've only been playing for a few days. There's a demo you can try out for the first few couple missions. From there you can purchase it. I recommend going through Amazon and get the download for $5. I recently discovered the Diplomacy track and started working on that.

As for Guild Wars, anyone searching for me can find me usually as Edeya Umal, my ranger.
                        Is it possible to post the direct link to it..I looked around on Amazon but got confused as to which one you're talking about...

Comment

Is it possible to post the direct link to it..I looked around on Amazon but got confused as to which one you're talking about...
                          Here's the one I downloaded, now $7.27 but still a good deal (you get a free Borg Drone for your ship which isn't mentioned, find it in the C-Store when you download).

And here the digital deluxe version with a few more bonus items for $19.99.

Nice to meet a fellow Trekkie on the boards, and I'll even let you blame me for the addiction if you really get into it.

Edit: Oh, and here's the link to the demo.
                          Last edited by Abby_Normal; 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM. Reason: Adding link

Comment

awesome thanks and thanks for letting me blame ya too hehehe

eta: I looked at the trailer...OMG it looks pretty cool....
                            Last edited by telecom_goddess; 12-07-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

awesome thanks and thanks for letting me blame ya too hehehe

eta: I looked at the trailer...OMG it looks pretty cool....
                              I was going to originally get it when it came out but I wasn't willing to pay the monthly fee. That and I was super busy and barely had time to sleep at that time.

Currently I'm in the past and I just saved the Enterprise from Klingons. It's so much fun to geek out over the little tid-bits of random Trekness from the shows such as random, unexpected characters. Personal favorite, the appearance of Mackenzie Calhoun.

Comment

Working...
                              X