This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horsing around with Pegasus Mail

On my first ship, we originally used Pegasus mail for internal mail.

Two of my supervisors (L & maybe H) were goofing off with the filters - very much on purpose.

L set his up so that all email he got from H would be forwarded back to H. H did the same thing for all email he got from L.

Eventually the system admin told them to "cease and desist". They had created so much spam it was bogging the email server down. yes L & H were extremely amused.

:rofl:

Oh, that is evil!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

yeah pegasus mail let you create some redundant and stupid filters.

i made one - entirely from a brain fart - that would forward my mail to myself up on opening.
      had to have the admin go in and break my filters manually. and in the short time i had it running (no longer than 5 minutes) i'd generated about 400+ messages

they finally did away with pegasus though as they moved on to more secure systems. cos even if your pegasus login was password protected, as long as you were logged into the computer itself someone else could edit your ini file to remove the password and then snoop your email.

come to think of it i think the admin used the ini file to fix my screwed up filter too
      Last edited by PepperElf; 12-07-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X