This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying not to freeze

Not sure if this should go here or in advice, as this is mostly complaining but I'm totally open to advice, mods please move as you see fit.

It is freezing at the rec desk. We have baseboard heaters but none behind the desk but we do have a big giant single pane window, and the desk is about as insulated as the exterior wall because someone thought it would be a good idea to have built in cabinets instead of insulation. Thankfully the heaters do put out a good bit of heat so essentially the whole place stays warm-ish (about 65*F) except for the employee side of the desk, even my head gets to be reasonably warm as it is above the desk but heat rises so anything below the counter (just under mid-chest if I'm standing) is much colder, to the point where my hands and feet kind of hurt. I have to be able to type, write, and handle equipment so gloves aren't really an option, wearing two pairs of socks is helping a bit, but my feet are still kind of cold. In the past they had a portable heater back here but that was taken away by our safety person (we have since gotten a new safety person, who isn't totally incompetent, and we got rid of the helium tank so I'm going to talk to him about it, but I don't know if he will give us the okay to get one). I really don't know how cold it gets but near my feet feels like it tops out around 55*F but I'm sure it goes below that at night.
Working...
X