This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We really love this guy

A new customer sent an e-mail to tech support today. We found it quite amusing, the sales guys not so much

To: support@[redacted]

Please pay close attention to what I am going to say.

I dont have a lot of work to do so thank you to whoever subscribed me to all your newsletters. All 9 of them.

This is not annoying at all.

Furthermore sending only 1 newsletter a week or a month is not sufficient, I really like getting as many as your mail servers can send.

Today was a particularly good day because I got 2 different ones, however as an added bonus and to ensure maximum annoyance, you sent the first one to me 3 times. Congratulations.

I really liked it best the 3rd time I received it because thats when I noticed that it wasnt proofread - read the snippet at the bottom of December Windows Bulletin - Microsoft Server Pack 1 Launch Eagerly Anticipated

You have the same blurb for the silverlight news as you do for the Microsoft kinect news. This shows me the professionalism of the company I am entrusting with my business.

While I am at it, I really have all the time in the world to deal with 26 different people from your company.

The amount of people working for [redacted] that have called me up in the last 3 weeks is astounding and I am glad to find the time to chat to all of them.

1 person to call me up to verify details another to ask me what my business entails, another to ask me if I want to go onto a debit order, another to ask me what they can do for me, another to ask me how I found the sales process another to call me to ask me how the review of the sales process review was and another one to call me up and tell me that my server will be ready in 2 weeks time when I already have access to my server.

It would seem to me that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and its making you look really unprofessional.

So I would like to make a few things clear.

Do not subscribe me to your emails

Do not call me to find out what I think of your business because right now you dont want an honest opinion

Do not call me, I will call you when I need you.

Know your place. You host a server for me, I call you when I need you. You call me when I owe you money.

I appreciate the progressive work ethic and the pre-emptive contact but its bordering on psychotic behaviour.

I would however like to thank you for clearing something up for me. See, I once sent some emails to a girl I liked and I called her up a bunch of times, hey, I thought we had a good thing going, but apparently I overstepped the boundaries and she told her friends I was a stalker.

I now know how she felt.

Quoth bored IT guy View Post
    I would however like to thank you for clearing something up for me. See, I once sent some emails to a girl I liked and I called her up a bunch of times, hey, I thought we had a good thing going, but apparently I overstepped the boundaries and she told her friends I was a stalker.

I now know how she felt.
    I can never get my hosting company to call me back unless I owe them money, and this guy has 26 stalkers!

Comment

That is fantastic.

I hope you frame it and post it in a conspicuous place.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love it! (S)he said exactly what was needed to be said, but was not in the least bit sucky about it! I hope your sales guys sat up and paid attention!
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

That is hilarious. It's a completely valid complaint, written in a way that isn't sucky but will definitely get noticed! I would print that out and save it in a scrapbook or something. This one's a keeper!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

the sales guys not so much
            sometimes they need wakeup calls ... or rather emails

Comment

Working...
            X