X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there were two, part deux

Previously on 'And then there were two'

There are 4 projectionists at the cinema.

TM who is off sick, long term
    W
    L (who lives 90 miles away)
    and yours truly

Since W's broken arm things have stabilised. We have had the odd hectic week with hlidays and Harry Potter, but we are managing with 3 of us.

Today W was working. I have the weekend off - by using vacation days.

I was away for the day, playing wargames. When I check my mobile phone at the end of the day, there have been 12 missed calls from the cinema and from L.

TWELVE!

When I ring L back, she tells me that W was taken ill and was taken to hospital. She was called in (after they couldn't get me). The cinema had to cancel several films, because she lives 2 hours away. (There's a whole other rant about me being the one that always gets called in at short notice because she got married and moved so far away).

I don't know yet what is wrong with W. L didn't know how long he will be off.

But once again we are down to two. And once again I have to give up my holiday day to go in to work.

FUCK.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

If I were you, I'd be completely incommunicado while on scheduled vacation days.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I may just start doing that.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
      X