This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer tailgated at the Visitor parking booth; did not notify anyone

At the university I work at as a contract Visitor parking attendant if anyone tailgates either at the Visitor parking booth window, at the Visitor parking entrance gate, or at the Visitor parking exit gate, I am supposed to get the person's license plate number & call campus police.

If the person who tailgated notifies me of what happened, then campus police will just put the gate arm back up.

But if the person does not do this, then campus police will issue them a citation. If the person either works at the university or goes to school there, they owe the university money.

If the person does not, they owe the city money.

This particular customer was not a university employee or a student. She literally tailgated behind a car at the Visitor parking booth window. She never stopped at the window to find out how much the parking fee is, & she never walked up to the booth window after driving over the gate arm that fell on the ground. She just parked in Visitor parking.

The gate arm landed on her front hood, it fell off her car & landed on the ground, & she drove over it. It's a good thing that the gate arm is constructed of a material that withstands this type of damage.

So I get her license plate number, & I call campus police.

She received a city citation & a note that she has to purchase a $5.00 token to exit Visitor parking.

This is according to campus police.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-13-2010, 11:41 PM.

I don't feel sorry for her. You flaunt the rules, you get what you deserve.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Weird. She didn't complain about the "faulty" equipment that damaged her vehicle?
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        If the person who tailgated notifies me of what happened, then campus police will just put the gate arm back up.

But if the person does not do this, then campus police will issue them a citation.
        Here, we call that "Hit and Run", and it is a misdemeanor.

Comment

Working...
        X