This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for that gig....

As some of you know I have an original band,Diamondback & we've been playin' at Molly's for the last 9 months or so.
    The lady who did the booking has quit,so I called up the owner today kinda half expecting this,he told me he wouldn't be having us anymore because people just didn't like the original stuff (actually we were starting to pick up more fans),I know the crowd there pretty well & they are for the most part,stick-in-the-muds.

I have to admit that Romeo (the owner) at least gave us a chance & he said that it really bothered him to do this since we've been friends for 15 years & I believe him,he's always talked me up & I'm the 1st drummer they call when a band needs one.

At least he's offered to help us find more gigs through his clubowner friends,he mentioned one guy but wouldn't tell me his name (but dropped a hint so broad I know exactly who it is...that's a story I'll put in the other thread),we're not really sure we wanna play for the guy but if he'll hire us,hey,who are we to complain? He also said he'd give us an excellent reference.

But damn,I've always liked playin' there,even with bands I didn't like,I have a ton of friends there,the drinks are cheap (free when we play) & the outdoor stage is an awesome place to play in the summer.

Oh well,upward & onward,I'm not the type to get discouraged,just pissed off enough to double up on my efforts
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Thats always a bitch, live music is kind of becoming a thing of the past it seems in most parts.

Actually im finding out its really hard to actually get PAID for music around where i live

Comment

Update:
      Last time we hosted the jam session L,a lady I've known for years,had come to sit in with her flute.She's not very good,but she's always sweet & like I said,a friend.

The problem was that she didn't know any of our tunes,I'd told her to go to our site,pick out a couple that she liked & practice them.She hadn't had a chance to do that so I told her I'd get her up with somebody else that did some tunes she knew.

Then her ex showed up & she left.

Apparently someone called the owner & told him that we wouldn't let her play,so he called her & she set him straight.

I wanna know who called the owner with this unfounded accusation & I have an idea I know who it is,if I'm right then we might be talkin' serious confrontation.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

For the first time in about twenty years, we lost our pub to football season. (I play irish and folk)

They say they plan to have us back after the season. I hope they do. Miss the place.

Comment

Working...
        X