This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the floor machine & hope you run into someone

Usually when the opening person in maintenance uses the floor machine to clean the floors, it's at the time in the morning that there are very few people in the store. Makes going up & down the aisles with what looks like a Zamboni a breeze.

So after cleaning the floor from 7:00 A.M. to about 9:00 A.M., I take the floor machine to the back & clean it out & do my other jobs. I get approached by a Coach who wants me to clean the floors EVERY 2 HOURS cause the floors look like crap cause of the road salt & stuff that people are tracking in. It's WINTER, HELLO????? AND not only that but they had these BIG SHOTS walking around strutting their stuff...lol. Trying to impress them just makes the managment at Sam's Club look like a bunch of ass kissers.

So I did the floors again at 10 in the morning but after the floors dried, it looked like I didn't do anything! Dry air & road crap will do that...lol.

They wanted me to keep doing this every 2 hours but I never did. It got too crowded with people for me to feel comfortable doing that. That's all it would take-some kid running smack into the machine while it was in operation for the poor slob to end up in a gruesome accident.

I swear these management types don't use any common sense!!!

Our machines always spit out a small trail of water behind the machine. So you'd either have to follow behind with a mop or hope it would dry before a lot of traffic. One more reason to leave it for night shift.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I feel for you, even with the machines that have horns people just DO NOT want to move, and it's just too risky in any case, especially if someone slips; that's your fault. Every 2 hours in winter AT CHRISTMAS!? That's just crazy!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Our machine has the same problem. It leaves a trail of water and seems to create more of a mess than it resolves. But mismanagement insists on trusting it rather than allowing us to actually do the work ourselves, and get the floor clean.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X