This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently adult bingo is very popular

The hospital I volunteer at has adult bingo every Saturday at 1 p.m. at the cafeteria. But today there is construction going on in the cafeteria & so according to the full-time evening weekday & weekend Volunteer Services coordinator there was no bingo today. Plus the volunteers who regularly do bingo the first & third Saturday of each month were notified not to show up.

There is a lady who really likes to play bingo, & it has gotten to the point that she calls Volunteer sevices to find out if there will be bingo in the cafeteria today. She calls Volunteer Services. I answer the phone. Here is what happened.

me: "Volunteer Services. How may I help you?"
    lady: "Is there bingo today?"
    me: "Unfortunatley there is construction going on inside the cafeteria & so sorry, no there will be no bingo today."
    lady: "Ok.."

She hangs up the phone.

The phone rings again. It is the same lady calling. This time the full-time evening weekday & weekend Volunteer Services coordinator answers. Here is what happened.

coordinator: "This is Michelle. How may I help you?"
    same lady asks her if there is bingo going on today in the cafeteria
    coordinator: "I'm sorrry, but due to the construction inside the cafeteria, there will be no bingo today. The volunteers who regularly do bingo have been notified not to come in today."

Lady hangs up the phone. The coordinator looks annoyed & tells me the following...

"Snugglegirl05, that was the same lady who called you & asked if there is bingo today. I told her no, due to the construction, there will be no bingo today & that the volunteers who do bingo will not be in today."
    me: *laughing* "Well..there are people who will call back hoping to reach someone else who will tell them something different since they did not like the first answer"
    coordinator: "I know...but she was already told there is no bingo today."

Several minutes later the phone rings. I answer it. Here is what happened.

female caller: "Hi, is there bingo today?"
    me: *sounding as empathetic as I can* "I'm sorry, but due to the construction going on inside the cafeteria, the weekend coordinator said no, there will be no bingo today."
    female caller: "Ok, thank you."
    She hangs up the phone.

Several minutes later a grandmother & her grandson come down to Volunteer Services. I am sitting at the front desk. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    grandmother: "I have a question. Is there bingo going on today?"

I repeat what I told the second caller. She leaves.

Persistent people. I will have to tell the bingo volunteers the next time they arrive what happened.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-19-2010, 01:04 AM.

Ooh, you don't know the half of it.

If you value your well-being, don't get between a senior and her (or his) bingo.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

"Adult bingo"

oh what mental images crossed my mind...

Comment

Ok...but seriously....will there be bingo?!

Comment

I had a dog and his name was....
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            "Adult bingo"

oh what mental images crossed my mind...
            They could play "penis" instead of bingo.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Ooh, you don't know the half of it.

If you value your well-being, don't get between a senior and her (or his) bingo.

^-.-^
              senior yes younger person HELL yes. try keeping someone away from Midnight BINGO
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                Ok...but seriously....will there be bingo?!
                Arrange for someone to siphon their car's tank while they're in asking you, and there will be "Bingo".

It's air force slang, but from what I've seen here, there are people who are former military from a number of branches.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  They could play "penis" instead of bingo.
                  i was thinking more along the lines of like Strip-Bingo
                  though i'm not sure how that would work.

or maybe you can use edible paints to paint the bingo board on someone... and then lick the numbers off?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Arrange for someone to siphon their car's tank while they're in asking you, and there will be "Bingo".

It's air force slang, but from what I've seen here, there are people who are former military from a number of branches.
                    Gives additional "flavour" to the band name "Bingo Hand Job" for sure...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      i was thinking more along the lines of like Strip-Bingo
                      though i'm not sure how that would work.

or maybe you can use edible paints to paint the bingo board on someone... and then lick the numbers off?
                      That or yelling out adult themed stuff....Blow job...BINGO!!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        That or yelling out adult themed stuff....Blow job...BINGO!!
                        How about "O-69?"
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Back on my first ship one of the guys (or his buddies) would respond to "O-69" with "I'm on top of that one!"

Comment

I must admit, the OP wasn't what I lead myself to think it was.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X