Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Things you never thought you'd see...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Store Manager

Default Things you never thought you'd see...

Ever see something that you thought you'd never see? Post it here!

Today, at work, I saw a person's driver's license photo that actually looked better than the person.
Savage '52-'11 Misawa '62-'09 Naniwa '77-'10 Ox Baker '34-'14 Rhodes '45-'15 Piper '54-'15 Bockwinkel '34-'15 Hayabusa '68-'16 Chyna '70-'16 Mr. Fuji '34-'16 Animal '37-'17 Uncle Ivan '42-'17 Heenan '44-'17

Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Keeper of the Lemming Army

Oh, I've got a few of those.

~Coming home after my last day of finals, I saw a group of six bikers with their bikes decorated with Christmas wreaths, little trees, toy snowmen, and the like. And they had Santa hats on.

~At the Denver airport, I saw a guy in, I kid you not, a camo-print kilt. It was actually kinda cool-lookin'.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Girl Thursday

Quote:
Quoth firecat88 View Post
~At the Denver airport, I saw a guy in, I kid you not, a camo-print kilt. It was actually kinda cool-lookin'.
Utilikilts sport desert camo as a color choice.

^-.-^

Old 01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Customer

Quote:
Quoth firecat88 View Post
Hah that might have been one of my friends. He made his own camo kilt and I know he went to Denver sometime in the past year

Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Keeper of the Lemming Army

Quote:
Quoth SengaKitty View Post
Hah that might have been one of my friends. He made his own camo kilt and I know he went to Denver sometime in the past year
If he was there last month-- the 28th of December, to be specific--it might've been him. It caught me off-guard when I saw it because, even though men in kilts isn't exactly uncommon in Colorado (heck, I almost need two hands to count the number of times I've seen guys in kilts just at school), a camo kilt was definitely something I hadn't seen before.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I need a life

I saw my customer go put back an item she didn't want in the correct place. Almost fainted.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
I saw my customer go put back an item she didn't want in the correct place. Almost fainted.
Don't follow me around then. Unless you give me a chance to put the paramedics on speed dial first.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 01-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Unsteady as she goes

Quote:
I do that. Sometimes I even put back stuff other people have left in the wrong place. I just hate it when people are too lazy to take stuff back where they got it from, especially when they leave it about 5 feet away from where it belongs.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 AM
High Priest to Grog-Boozith

Okay, I know I've commented on the weirdness of Key West, but once again I have to say that living here has made it so that there is very little that I haven't seen or that surprises me. That being said, I will try to mention things that I never thought I'd see before I lived here--some of which didn't even happen here! (And those things that did not happen in KW are so noted.)

A clothing optional bar.

Me working at a clothing optional bar!

Karaoke with a drag queen DJ. (Cape Cod.)

Bed races with drag queens pushing the beds at breakneck speeds in breakneck pumps. (Key West AND Cape Cod.)

Drag races without cars, where it is actually drag queens racing through an obstacle course.

A scooter done up all in pink with pink feathers and other pink accessories to evoke a flamingo theme.

A 250+ pound old guy with a beard in a pink tutu. On a regular basis. (Dude's a scream!)

Women wearing nothing but body paint walking into where I work as if it is perfectly normal. (Fantasy Fest is an interesting time.)

Me barely noticing women wearing nothing but body paint walking into where I work as if it is perfectly normal. (Amazing what you can get used to!)

A naval battle in which the two opposing forces use as their ammunition toilet paper, stale Cuban bread, and a variety of produce, launched ship-to-ship and dropped as "bombs" from aircraft on to ships. (Conch Republic Independence Days is also pretty cool.)

A dog upon which rides a cat upon which rides a mouse. (I used to have a picture of that one. I may still, but can't seem to find it in my computer.)

My name on an actual official election ballot. (I ran for Mayor of my home town many years ago.)

Me hooking up with not one, but two of my old high gal pals, 15+ years after graduation.

A Chicken Store. They don't sell chickens, mind you, but paraphernalia about the Key West chickens. See, we have chickens running wild in the streets (seriously), and most people either love them or hate them. The Chicken Store is the ultimate example of chicken love. Very strange store in a very strange town.

Me in my forties. (Still can't believe that one!)

People dressed up as superheroes, using underwear and duct tape to make their costumes, running around in the rain during a hurricane, "helping" the citizenry. (My favorite, of course, was the girl in the duct tape bikini.) I believe that was Hurricane Rita in '05, but don't quote me on it.

Someone dressed in a costume as a giant penis being arrested for indecent exposure. This actually happened many years ago during Fantasy Fest. The charges were later dropped.

Flying fish...on land. (Pike Place Market, Seattle.)

An elderly woman walking faster than I'm going on my bike. (San Francisco has some seriously major hills!)

A clothing optional bar, on a pier, with a pool, sun deck, and grill. Sadly, this place closed a few years ago. Best place ever to spend with a hangover!

A drag queen in a giant ruby red slipper being lowered to commemorate New Year's Eve. Also a pirate wench being lowered down the mast of a pirate ship for the same reason. Two of the three NYE lowerings in Key West. (The third being the lowering of a giant conch shell at Sloppy Joe's.)

The day someone actually hired me to do magic at their wife's birthday party...in Las Vegas. (March, 2006.)

I am sure there are others I've forgotten, some perhaps even outside the realms of this crazy island.

Who's next?

Quote:
My 5 year old niece shocked everyone at the toy store I do magic at, including me, when, after she was done playing with/checking out any toy or item, she made a point of putting it right back where she found it! The staff and myself deal with hundreds of kids every day (well, me one day a week, them all week long), and we almost never see this!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
Still A Customer."

Old 01-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Unsteady as she goes

Some of Jester's remarks sound a lot like the Allentown area in Buffalo. Drag queens, dyke parades, weird costumes... No chickens, though.

I can't really think of anything, except maybe "my name on the mortgage papers to a house." Buying a house was something I never thought I'd be able to do. I'm still amazed, 5+ years into it.