This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller pads and tape

This guy was NOT an SC. I may have been an SE, but I was in a quirky mood this morning (2 hours of sleep, no breakfast, and only 2 cups of coffee).

I went to work at 6:00 am, and as I said, I was goofy all day. This guy was the first real customer I had. He came in at 9:30. I'm working an aisle, downstocking. He walks up to me and says "Roller pads."
    I look up and say "No, my name is Knightmare. How can I help you?"
    "Roller pads?"
    "Nope, I'm still Knightmare. See? I got this fancy paper nametag proving it."
    "Where are your roller pads?"
    "Oh! They start right there." Says I, pointing 2 feet over.
    Roller pads, BTW, are the applicators for rolling on paint.

About an hour later, I'm stocking the same aisle, but down at the tape section. It's quite a big section, about 8' wide x 7' tall. I have boxes of tape on the floor, and rolls of tape in my hands. A lady comes up to me (behind me) and asks (can you guess?);
    "Excuse me. Where is the tape?" Keep in mind, she's behind me as I'm facing the wall of tape. Therefore, she is also facing the same wall of tape.
    I turn around with a confused look on my face. "Tape? I think that's down the next aisle." Then I turn around and exclaim "No! Wait! Here it is! What kind do you need?" Yes, I did have a big shit-eating grin on my face. She either didn't get the joke, or felt really stupid, because she didn't comment. She just told me what kind of tape she needed.

Maybe I need to sleep less when I work the morning shifts. I had lots of fun today.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

It's rather like something from the PowerPuff Girls. The Manic Mojo episode where Mojo-Jo Jo goes to the store to buy eggs, asks the clerk where the eggs are and is told Aisle 6 he looks up at the asile 6 sign, then looks at the eggs that he didn't see before he asked the clerk.

"Curses!"

I've done that more times than I can count. I'll ask where the [item] is and the clerk will point in front of where I'm standing. I usually respond with.

"Ok, now where do you keep Romulan Ale? You must have some since you have Cloaking Devices."

-or-

"Well darnit! You need to fire the employee farting around with the cloaking device."

-or-

"Yes, but I'm looking for the [item]s without the Romulan Cloaking Device. I hade one with before and it wasn't compatable with my Federation Technology."

Either I get some weird looks, or a good laugh from the clerk...usually both.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      . I usually respond with.
      "Ok, now where do you keep Romulan Ale? You must have some since you have Cloaking Devices."

-or-

"Well darnit! You need to fire the employee farting around with the cloaking device."

-or-

"Yes, but I'm looking for the [item]s without the Romulan Cloaking Device. I hade one with before and it wasn't compatable with my Federation Technology."

Either I get some weird looks, or a good laugh from the clerk...usually both.

M
      *makes mental note of quotes* I'll bust those out someday!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
        I'll ask where the [item] is and the clerk will point in front of where I'm standing.
        That happens to me much more than I'd care to admit.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What I hate is when they don' t even bother to look before asking me where something is. They will literally walk in as immediately ask where the sodas are. (it's not safeway hon, see that corner where the two walls of refrigeration meet? try there) Then they will walk right past the chips and ask where the chips are. Why they refuse to look around themselves is beyond me.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
          ~Clerks

Comment

That kills me, too. We are not a big store. We have a whopping 10 aisles, all with signage hanging above, and with signage above the displays along the wall. Now, I can understand if you're looking for some specific vitamin or some such and can't find it in with the bazillion products out there. In that case, as long as I don't have a line, I'll go point it out to you. But otherwise, sheesh!

Comment

My MIL does that. She honestly thinks she's doing something nice and keeping the employess from getting bored, bless her heart.
              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
              X