• Show
Clear All

• Kim Johnson's guest was never told he had to pay for his parking

This incident happened on Wednesday.

People involved in this post:
    Nancy, who works at the university Parking office
    Kim Johnson *not her real name*: Director of Community Relations
    Kim Johnson's male guest who works for *company A*

Kim Johnson reserved a parking spot for male guest who works for *company A* through the Parking office. The Parking office posts reservations on the Outlook calendar. Kim Johnson decided not to pay for her guests parking, why I do not know. Instead she chose to have him pay for his parking. According to Nancy as well as the other Parking office employees, the person making the parking arrangements is supposed to tell their guest that they have to pay for their parking. I am not supposed to do this. My only job is to let the guest park.

So Kim Johnson's guest arrives, & I let him park.

Several hours later the phone inside the Visitor Parking booth rings. There is a car at the exit gate. Here is what happened.

me: "How may I help you?"
    person at the exit gate: "This is *guy who works for company A*. I am at the exit gate, & I cannot get out."
    me: "I'm sorry, but I was told that Kim Johnson was supposed to tell you that you need a token to exit."
    guy who works for *company A*: frustrated at this point....
    "No one upstairs told me that. I was alone all day at a table. No one came be to tell me that."
    me: "I'm sorry, but I was told that Kim Johnson was supposed to tell you that you have to pay for your parking."
    guy who works for *company A* still frustrated: "I have no money"

So I transfer the call to the Parking office. Nancy answers the phone. I tell her exactly why I am calling. She speaks to him at the call box at the exit gate. He backs up, & he exits several minutes later.

A car makes great collateral.

Comment

Is this the same "Kim Johnson" that's pulled this trick repeatedly? Poor guests. Sucks even more because now the visitor assumes someone from the parking office was supposed to either tell him about the parking issue or that they made a mistake about his "reserved spot".

When this happens again, I personally would tell the visitor that Kim Johnson asked the parking office to hold a spot for her guest and that she did not make arrangements to pay for his parking. Then I'd add sweetly and regretfully "I apologize for the confusion, Kim Johnson should have told you this". Put the blame where it's due.

And when parking is unpaid for, I wouldn't refer to the spot as "reserved" in front of the customer. Reserved sounds like it's paid for when it isn't. You're simply holding a spot.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with the chaos.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[QUOTE=bainsidhe;858506]Is this the same "Kim Johnson" that's pulled this trick repeatedly? Poor guests. Sucks even more because now the visitor assumes someone from the parking office was supposed to either tell him about the parking issue or that they made a mistake about his "reserved spot".

Yes...she is the same person. She rarely pays for any of her guests parking. I do not know why.

I have a feeling that he went to the parking office & complained. It took him a while to exit.

When I called the Parking office to let them know I was going on a short break, Andrea *not her real name*, who is the Director of Parking & Transportation, answered the phone, & she sounded stressed out & frustrated.

Then when I got back from my break, I called the Parking office to let them know I was back. Missy *not her real name*, who works in the Parking office, answered the phone. She sounded like she was pissed off.
        Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-29-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X