This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will never happen again.

I'm at Trader Joe's to fetch some frozen lunches to stock the freezer at work. I pull into the poorly-cleared parking lot and I'm trolling the rows looking for a place to park.

A lady finishes emptying her shopping cart into her Chevrolet Compensation, gives it a little shove to get it out of the way, and all but sprints to the front seat, presumably to avoid having to take responsibility for the cart that she decided not to put in the cart corral two spaces away. The parking lot is on a slope. This is relevant.

I look out the passenger window to see a bright red shopping cart trundling in my direction and picking up speed. The woman is scrambling into the driver's seat as if it's a getaway car. This, I think, will not go well.

BANG! The shopping cart hits...a little bit of gravel on the asphalt. It came to an alarmingly abrupt halt a few feet from the side of my car - abrupt enough to start the front of the cart swinging around the other way.

The cart pivots on whatever's blocking it, enough to change direction and start trundling off again. I watched, huge-eyed, as it cruised to a halt...right behind the lady's SUV, just as she was pulling out.

BANG!

She hit her own boomerang cart, which was now blocking her in.

She leaped out of the car and made a run for the cart, then sprinted with it towards the corral. I found my spot, so I didn't see what happened next, but I'm pretty sure those were her tires spinning out of the lot.

Love, Who?

Even the Cosmos hates the sucky customer, and likes to have itself a good laugh now and then.

Tell me you pointed and laughed.

Comment

I would've done a Nelson laugh out the window. (as in the Simpsons...)
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That is just beautiful. *wipes tear away*

Comment

Now that truly is Instant Karma.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

why was she rushing so?
            Also,
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Beautiful, karmic pwnage!!!
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Nice! so many times I would like to see that happen to some of the shoppers around here!
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

So would I. But then, I know mismanagement would just hurt the courtesy clerks.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                    why was she rushing so?
                    Also,
                    Well...hm. I'm trying to think of a way to describe it; I got a really good look at her the whole time. Before the cart hit her SUV, her "hurry" was more like "I'm an important person with important things to do that are more important than anything else." You know. The STRUT. Afterwards, however, her attitude was more like "Oh jeez I'd better get outta here did anyone see that oh crap oh crap oh crap..."

I don't think she did the cart any damage, though. I didn't check.

I have a kind of visceral reaction when I see someone with clothes that nice climbing into a car that big after doing something thoughtless. So my prejudices might be showing.

Comment

Wonder if she complained to the store that a cart that was not properly put away hit her car...
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It's times like that when you wish the object (here the cart) was super-heavy and full of spikes to make the damage the biggest possible....

Comment

No. Just some explosives.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Nah, you don't want damage that can cause lawsuits. You want a nice loud, attention grabbing alarm so that everyone in the store looks outside to see the moron.

Its sad that there is no video footage of it, or that would be a top video for months.
                            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Working...
                            X