Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I think I would have lobbed it back at her. I know, not a good idea, but my gut reaction would have been to throw it right back.

And how the hell is he supposed to know she was talking to him anyway...standing there like a post yelling "Sir!" over and over? Just....wow.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      This.

I often want to ask some of my callers if their mother raised them to speak to people that way.
      I had almost that exact converstation when I used to be a manager at a grocery store. Except the produce in question was tomatoes.

You may not be my child. Heck, you might even be older than me. But you will not throw produce at my employees, or anyone else for that matter, in my store. It wasn't acceptable to throw food back in the school cafeteria, and it isn't acceptable now. Go cash out and stand in the corner until your taxi picks you up.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

And how the hell is he supposed to know she was talking to him anyway...standing there like a post yelling "Sir!" over and over? Just....wow.
        Also keep in mind it was late on Saturday afternoon in a busy Volde-Mart supercenter, with produce being right up by the front doors. It's difficult to hear someone right beside you at the best of times, let alone another screeching voice in the crowd. Work there long enough and you'll eventually come to just tune it all out.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

"I guess you would know a withered, rotten old fruit when you see one."... would have been my reply.
          I will never go to school!

Comment

It would seem we have escalated from attacking people with bananas. I think we need to call in the rotten tomato brigade.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              I think this should have been titled "Assault and Pepper".
              You can always count on Sheldonrs for the seasonal humor...
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                You can always count on Sheldonrs for the seasonal humor...
                Certainly spiced up this conversation.

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                  Certainly spiced up this conversation.
                  Would you say he Kicked it up a notch? 8D

BAM

Comment

People, you've got it all wrong.

She's the Super Sorryo Sister, and she thought he was Wart.

But he wasn't, and it takes six veggies to beat him.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

May that old sea hag's boat capsaicin on her way home...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X