This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really quite worried

I tried to put this on Fratching, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me. So if it does turn into a Fratching-esque thread, please move accordingly

I love my job at the school so much. When I think of how my life was this time last year at the pub, I just cannot believe how miserable I was. Last year, I was tired, grumpy and fed up. Now, I have a good job, I am actually going to the fucking gym (for me, that is a big deal!) and I am very happy.

Then the government cuts came in.

I have decided to delay going back to university. I was aiming to go back in September this year to become a qualified teacher, but I have also been looking online, and there are no jobs anywhere. Retirement age has shot up, and no one is willing to leave their jobs so that new people can come in. Many of my friends, who have studied at university and have degrees (a few of them are also qualified teachers) are currently unemployed and very depressed.

I have decided I do not want to end up like that. Not while I have a good job. If I go to university in September, I will have to leave my job. I do not want to go to unversity, get my qualification, and not be able to find employment, and then end up working in a pub again. It is honestly my worst fucking nightmare.

The goverment promised when they were elected that their spending cuts would not effect education. Well, that has turned out to be just one big fucking lie. The schools budget has been absolutely slashed to the point where we no longer have the money to order simple things like paper!

There is a lot of talk going on about redundancies, and there is a permanent feeling of doom and gloom over the school. My office job was only created because the local council was able to scape up the funds for it! And my classroom job only makes up about a third of my entire salary.

I am seriously beginning to feel sick with worry that I am going to be laid off, and I will be working at the pub again by the summer
Working...
X