This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation frak up.

I got myself some unpleasant news this morning when I came to work.
    The company I work for uses flex time, I basically decide when I want to start and when I want to leave for the day. When this month started I had saved up 21,5 hours that I could use to work shorter days if I wanted to, or just take a few days off.

In December last year I thought I had four days of vacation left. I decided to use them for a four-day window between Christmas and new-year which were working days.
    But today my boss came to me and told me that since I had been gone from work the first three months of 2010 I was not supposed to have those four days.

Does anybody see where this is going?

So I had to use my saved up flex time to cover those four days. At this point I am down to -8,5 hours
    So now I have to work long and hard days for some time to regain my lost hours

So how has your day been?
    Last edited by Architectus Assistantus; 02-02-2011, 02:29 PM.
    “I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic hatreds.” -George Carlin

{begin sucky response likely to be heard around my area} "At least you have a job!" {/sucky response likely to be heard around my area}

Sorry. That sucks for you that they didn't figure this out *before* you took the time. Isn't it the boss' job to make sure you have this information?

Too bad you can't say "Oh, well, that was last year, and this is this year, and since you didn't catch the mistake last year, you can just eat it this year."
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The office is completley dead during christmas, all of our clients are on vactation as well. Due to this it was not necessary for me to schedule it with the boss.
      And for some reason he did not discover this screw-up before now.

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      Too bad you can't say "Oh, well, that was last year, and this is this year, and since you didn't catch the mistake last year, you can just eat it this year."
      Had it been my last job I could have gotten away with such a reply. But not here.
      Besides, I love my job. And the boss is great.
      “I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic hatreds.” -George Carlin

Comment

I think if it was someone else's error you shouldn't have to pay for it. But if it was your boss's error and he'd get in trouble for it, I'd feel bad about that. It sounds like one of those things that happens. It sucks though. I hope you guys find a way to write it off or something.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
        X